Ellis

That bloke showed last night that he is as hard as nails. Went into the game injured, lost a tooth had his nose broken I image. Gets up a minute later taped between up from ears to mouth and gets straight back on with the game. He must have been in a lot of pain over the last hour of the game. A great player. Bravo to the people responsible for bringing him to our club.

He showed that his threshold for pain is abnormally high. He would have been sore - but it seemed to make him even angrier and enthusiastic to kick on.

I agree wholeheartedly. However the record needs to be set straight - Gareth did not lose any teeth!

@the_scene:

I agree wholeheartedly. However the record needs to be set straight - Gareth did not lose any teeth!

Okay thanks. Everywhere I read today said that he had. At least that will save him some dental bills.

He certaintly is one tough player….showed a lot of ticker to keep playing at his usually high standard.

He would have to be amoungst the Club’s top 3 buys…love his work ethic.

@NJLM78:

That bloke showed last night that he is as hard as nails. Went into the game injured, lost a tooth had his nose broken I image. Gets up a minute later taped between up from ears to mouth and gets straight back on with the game. He must have been in a lot of pain over the last hour of the game. A great player. Bravo to the people responsible for bringing him to our club.

Sheens said after the game that he wishes Gareth was an Aussie. Said he’s incredibly tough and didn’t want to come off after that knock.

We’d be nowhere without him. All us Tigers fans can see how good he is but deadset, most underrated player in the NRL.

Ricky Stuart writes a good article in the Tele today…I don’t normally like Ricky but it is very good reading…sums up Gareths effort…

it puts many “supporters” and “experts” in their place, including many on this forum

@NJLM78:

@the_scene:

Okay thanks. Everywhere I read today said that he had. At least that will save him some dental bills.

\

Wests Tigers second-rower Gareth Ellis appeared to lose a tooth when he and Bryce Gibbs clashed heads but the Englishman said: “I still have all my teeth. I just broke my nose. If there was a tooth flying in the air, it wasn’t mine.”

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/injury-puts-thurstons-season-in-jeopardy-20100410-s00x.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He did not loose teeth. It was gum that flew out of his mouth. He spat another lot out at a scrum about 20 minutes later…

So even though he broke his nose he will definately play on Friday?

He is tough. Will this broken nose keep him out or will he soldier on?

@Allan Towle:

He is tough. Will this broken nose keep him out or will he soldier on?

he will defo soldier on… earlier in the year… heigho broke his nose…
… still came back the week later… gotta love gareth though…

Ellis is harder than the runway at sydney airport!!!

Best ever forward to wear a WESTS TIGERS jersey.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme