SHEENS LOOKS AHEAD TO THE BULLDOGS

SHEENS LOOKS AHEAD TO THE BULLDOGS
By Wayne Cousins
11/04/2010 12:30:50 AM

Wests Tigers Coach Tim Sheens says the team may have a light week’s preparation ahead of the round six blockbuster against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at the Sydney Football Stadium on Friday, May 16.

Speaking after watching his side tough out a gutsy 23-16 win over the North Queensland Cowboys in Townsville on Saturday night, Sheens said he was proud of his team who did it with 15 men following the loss of half-back Tim Moltzen and prop Todd Payten.

Moltzen suffered a full tear of the anterior cruciate and lateral ligament to his left knee in the first half. It has all but ended his season.

Payten suffered a calf strain and did not see out the second half.

Wests Tigers have now won back-to-back away matches in Canberra and Townsville, prompting Sheens’ thoughts about having a light week at training.

“We finished with 15 and there were some issues to come out of the game,” Sheens told the media.

"They played two games in one there tonight.

"Totally exhausted, that’s what they were. They were hanging on.

“We came up with a couple of good plays and came up with a try to seal it so I can’t get too hard on anyone.”

With half-back Robert Lui still recovering from an ankle injury, Sheens admitted he may have to “manufacture” a half for the next few weeks until the talented Lui returns.

Two contenders for the seven jersey could be Blake Lazarus and Arana Taumata, who have played well in the halves in Balmain Ryde Eastwood’s strong start to the season. Taumata missed the round five match with an ankle injury but should return this week.

Lazarus was 18th man for the Wests Tigers in the win over Canberra and has plenty of talent whilst the skillful and light footed Taumata has previously had a taste of the NRL with the Bulldogs and Melbourne.

Wests Tigers share the competition lead with Melbourne, St George Illawarra and the Gold Coast and will face a Bulldogs side that lost to the Warriors in the final minute.

The plot thickens with Taumata now expected to return.

Either Taumata or Lazarus would do me.

As long as it’s not Fitzhenry, or any other player out of position.

“manufacture”

That word sent me into a shiver.

A youngster who has played halfback most of his life would be a better option then a first grader who hasnt.

A youngster who has more experience in the lower grades playing halfback is better then an experienced first grader who isnt experienced at halfback.

Kick them while they are down. 5-1 would be an unreal start to the season, given a tricky draw and overall fixture list in terms of short turn arounds.

After watching the interview in context the manufacture comment does not worry me too much

Smeg when I first started on the forum and read your comments I did not think you knew very little about football, I have to apologise, you know absolutely nothing about the game.

Geez that is harsh Jet … ‘manufacture’ in the context could be interpreted in a number of ways but yes it was scary given Fitzy is still floating around

… cant wait for the game…
2 of my mates are coming with us to sit in the jungle…they go for bulldogs… haha
… May god help them if we win … The Jungle will be sitting in BAY 10 …

@JET:

Smeg when I first started on the forum and read your comments I did not think you knew very little about football, I have to apologise, you know absolutely nothing about the game.

ROFL

If you actually listened to the interview it should become clear that when the quote is taken in context it is very much a throw away comment. That is the background behind what I posted.

However I would imagine comprehension is a few steps above your functioning level

@smeghead:

@JET:

ROFL

If you actually listened to the interview it should become clear that when the quote is taken in context it is very much a throw away comment. That is the background behind what I posted.

However I would imagine comprehension is a few steps above your functioning level

Come on Smeg you and I know it’s time for you to take up bowls!

😆 So are you saying that the comment was not taken out of it’s context or are you merely diverting that you missed the entire point of my post and went off entirely half cocked?

No Smeg, sadly, it’s your comments right throughout the forum that convinces me that you have lost it!

Back somewhere near the topic.
With Taumata fit there’s an easy solution.
Taumata replaces Fitzhenry on the bench & Lazarus replaces Moltzen in the 7.
Galloway back in for Payten & we’re laughing.
No chance of Sheens doing it but anyway :slight_smile:
I’m pretty sure Lazo will et the jersey but we won’t know until an hour before kickoff. I doubt the Tuesday announcement will bear any resemblance to the side that runs out.

Still can’t admit your entire reasoning for going off was because you incorrectly interpreted my post I see.

Your background reasoning is your own and you are entitled to your opinion but I assure you I hold your thoughts in the same esteem you appear to hold mine.

Welcome to the wonderful world of a forum where conflicting ideas are discussed

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme