A 'should win' game for us

Considering the Bulldogs and our form respectively, in your right mind you’d expect us to win. So do I, I think our fowards can role theirs into submission and likewise with our attack.

The only danger I see in this team is Josh Morris who everybody will be expecting to score at some stage throughout the game and if we can control him, we’ll be in for a good night IMO. Remembering Idris’ contribution in round 26 last year, I can’t help but think we’ve got him under control in attack and will able to spot his defensive deficiencies.

Hannant will be their best foward and will be taking hit-ups all night so we’ll be doing our homework on him during the week. Also remembering he strongly contributes in defense.

Ennis will be looking for territory kicks during general play and we’ll need to put him under pressure so he doesn’t do so effectively. He’s not a very creative hooker like Farah but his quick darts out of dummy-half and good service to backs will need to be put under pressure so not done successfully.

thoughts people?

On form we should win
but the Dogs will be pumped for a big game
in order to win we have to match their enthuisiasm

A Wests Tigers side with Benji playing has never lost to the Dogs.

@MGB:

Lol, hopefully that trend continues

Wow, really? Thats an amazing statistic!

@MGB:

Same goes for the Raiders.

:supporter:

I thought Hannant was out this week?

Anyways I think another key player we need to control is David Stagg, he can get a good offload away and can start a lot of second phase play for the dogs - which is when players like Morris and Goodwin come into play.

Another concern is we are probably going to go into the game as favourites so I hope Sheens keeps the boys level headed because I’ve seen us take on teams way too lightly when we are favourites.

A few teams struggle after meeting the warriors, that said we had a tough encounter ourselves….hopefully with their poor recent form their fairweather troublemaking so called fans go elsewhere on Fri

@citizen cub:

Considering the Bulldogs and our form respectively, in your right mind you’d expect us to win. So do I, I think our fowards can role theirs into submission and likewise with our attack.

The only danger I see in this team is Josh Morris who everybody will be expecting to score at some stage throughout the game and if we can control him, we’ll be in for a good night IMO. Remembering Idris’ contribution in round 26 last year, I can’t help but think we’ve got him under control in attack and will able to spot his defensive deficiencies.

Hannant will be their best foward and will be taking hit-ups all night so we’ll be doing our homework on him during the week. Also remembering he strongly contributes in defense.

Ennis will be looking for territory kicks during general play and we’ll need to put him under pressure so he doesn’t do so effectively. He’s not a very creative hooker like Farah but his quick darts out of dummy-half and good service to backs will need to be put under pressure so not done successfully.

thoughts people?

Hannant is in doubt with concussion, and if the Tigers forwards get on top of the Bulldogs pack, Ennis becomes a non-issue anyway. The Tigers will focus on recovery and hopefully Galloway will be right to go which will boost the forward pack.

This is a bit of a danger game IMO. The Bulldogs are hurting at the moment and the Tigers have had a couple of tough physical and mental games over the last 2 weeks, so getting them mentally prepared will be the challenge for Sheens this week, and the key to the Tigers winning IMO.

Tough one for us this game ,the tank is running on nearly empty , short turnaround again and another resuffle of the team ….but the courage and never say die attitude this 2010 WT team has is amazing.

Hopefully another 2 points , because the Panthers at CUA Stadium will be a much more difficult task the way they played today

When does Ennis make quick darts out of dummy half? He’s averaging about 20 metres a game.

We have the class but will that be enough against Doggy desperation?

Wait until the side is named,but at the moment I reckon that it will be a 6 point game either way.

@willow:

@citizen cub:

thoughts people?

Hannant is in doubt with concussion, and if the Tigers forwards get on top of the Bulldogs pack, Ennis becomes a non-issue anyway. The Tigers will focus on recovery and hopefully Galloway will be right to go which will boost the forward pack.

This is a bit of a danger game IMO. The Bulldogs are hurting at the moment and the Tigers have had a couple of tough physical and mental games over the last 2 weeks, so getting them mentally prepared will be the challenge for Sheens this week, and the key to the Tigers winning IMO.

If Hannant is out I don’t think the Dogs can win just based on his impact let alone their bad form.

The Tigers really need to relax after those two tough away games

While the Bulldogs will be training all week just to get their tactics right for next Friday’s game

We should see whether Galloway is fit and ready to go before we throw him back in the side, maybe give him another week off to let him get back to full fitness and confidence.

@MGB:

And since his debut, a Wests Tigers side without Benji Marshall has never beaten the Dogs.

The Dogs are rubbish. Hannant is their only good forward, Morris their only good back.

Idris can’t defend, Stagg is almost non existent in attack, Ennis is a flat track bully. Kimmorley can be dangerous but there is only so much he can do behind a pack boasting the likes of Hickey, Gordon and Warburton.

In saying that, if we drop our guard they could beat us, just like any other team really. As long as we’re switched on, and turn up to play, we should win this.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme