POLL : HALFBACK OPTIONS

Please jus can we poll, no rubbish talk, no bagging fitzy there is enough topics for that already

Benji to half Liam to pivot for mine.

@Knuckles:

Leave Benji where he is and just replace the 7.

Benji will do what he does, regardless of the number on his back. A team with Farah and Marshall in it does not need a spectacular playmaker to come into the side. Whoever is named in 7 will play a back seat role for 80 mins, and they will then have people bagging them saying they do nothing.

For the record, I hope it is Lazarus. Taumata is not fit, so think we can forget about his inclusion. If it is Fitzhenry, and everyone does their job, we should win. If that is the case, chalk one up for Sheens against the knockers.

I went with Lazo. If he is suspended then Taumata if he’s returning from injury as suggested.

I think Tim should name both Lazarus and Tuamata in the squad tbh.

Lazarus looks to be and by all accounts the halfback we’ve been missing for so long… while Tuamata looks like he could add a devestating running game to the mix. I think having Tuamata there would give sides quite a headache if they start to focus on Benji when we are attacking. Moltzen used this to great affect quite a few times which a quick sharp step inside to go past the defensive line with ease, especially when the defence is sliding with an eye on Benji. Tuamata by all accounts is lightning fast and if sides start to worry solely on Benji… he’ll break the line quite a bit…

That said… Tuamata has had a bit of time of the field and whether he is fit or not is another thing…

Either way, Tuamata or Lazarus will slot in very nicely. As long as it isn’t Fitzhenry!

@Kaiser:

Agreed. One in 7 one in 17.

@Knuckles:

Why would you put Marshall to halfback?

@steven_tiger:

@Kaiser:

I’ll 3rd that motion

3 words LAZARUS WILL RISE 😉

@Coast Tiger:

@steven_tiger:

@Kaiser:

I’ll 3rd that motion

can i fourth that?

Lazarus would be my choice as he is a great ball distributor and has a great kicking game his line running is not quite where Moltzen was up to yet but he is a superior ball player to Tim.

Arana is the other logical option but he is a different player again. A ball runner of great skill whose passing game is not as developed as Lazarus or Moltzens is. I am completely unsure of his kicking game but from my memory of his Qld Cup appearances he was nothing to sneeze at.

The other option of course would be someone like a Chris Corby who can distribute from half but also has the ability to distribute from hooker when Farah wants to slot into first receiver.

Final option is a Fulton type ball runner and defensive rock for that right edge or Ayshford shifting one across.

I think alot will depend on how they train together as to the final call.

It is good to have genuine options available though

in order of preference

lazo
taumata
flanagan
nicholls

@smeghead:

Lazarus would be my choice as he is a great ball distributor and has a great kicking game his line running is not quite where Moltzen was up to yet but he is a superior ball player to Tim.

Arana is the other logical option but he is a different player again. A ball runner of great skill whose passing game is not as developed as Lazarus or Moltzens is. I am completely unsure of his kicking game but from my memory of his Qld Cup appearances he was nothing to sneeze at.

The other option of course would be someone like a Chris Corby who can distribute from half but also has the ability to distribute from hooker when Farah wants to slot into first receiver.

Final option is a Fulton type ball runner and defensive rock for that right edge or Ayshford shifting one across.

I think alot will depend on how they train together as to the final call.

It is good to have genuine options available though

I’ll go with that 1 if not Lazzo……

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme