West Tigers Hawaii bound

Saw something on MMM Facebook page but was an audio link…cant listen.
… Apparently we may be taking a trial game next year to Hawaii.
Anyone hear the story?

Hey Ink there are plenty in the club that a grass skirt would suit….I prefer the LAY myself…hahaha…

Yeah the club is in talks to play a trial match in Hawaii next year.

Hey TT are you going to Hawaii?

@innsaneink:

Saw something on MMM Facebook page but was an audio link…cant listen.
… Apparently we may be taking a trial game next year to Hawaii.
Anyone hear the story?

In initial talks to do so…nothing concrete yet…

@bathursttiger:

Hey TT are you going to Hawaii?

no mate …just got back from FiJi…had a great time…

I take it this would be s money making exercise. Who would be putting up the money?

Sounds like a fun trip for the boys. Trial games seem to end up in rubbish regional centres. Hard to get pumped for a preseason trip to Dubbo.

There are some strong college football programs in Hawaii, so they’d probably be able to borrow better training facilities than Concord. If it were up to me and I had someone else’s chequebook, I’d have the game in Hawaii.

saw this a few days ago haven’t noticed it pop up in the forum yet (although not here alot) so thought id post it

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2016/7/wests-tigers-hawaii-bound-for-2017/

The flights are basically booked for a Wests Tigers trip to Hawaii in the 2017 preseason. Listen to the full report below.

“The Wests Tigers are definitely going to Hawaii,” Triple M and Fox Sports’ James Hooper said.

“They’re going to go in February next year and it’s going to be either a pre-season or trial game.”

I for one think this would be great. not only to gain interest for the NRL in another country but would raise the profile of the tigers. Not to mention it could bring in a few extra dollars which is always a good thing.

Either a pre-season or a trial game? Difference being?

@gallagher:

no idea.
my best guess would be its just James Hooper trying to sound more intelligent then he actually is.

@goldtiger:

@gallagher:

no idea.
my best guess would be its just James Hooper trying to sound more intelligent then he actually is.

Just be happy he didn’t use one of his pork chop puns. Clown.
Good move by the club tho.

Be a good junket no doubt for the boys.

it would be great for bonding

Nice recruitment tool as well. We will pay you $X, and select you in our team for the 2 week Hawaian tour

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.