4-1 Start to the season

When was the last time we had a 4-1 start to the year. Its probably happened more recently that i think but i cant recall a start to the year like this in recent memory. Maybe its just me always remembering the bad times more than the good but if anyone knows please fill me in.

2005 is the last time we had 8 points after 5 rounds (3 wins 1 loss and a bye), but I don’t think we’ve ever been 4-1.

I don’t think it has ever happened
Maybe the 2000 season?? i remember we started really well that year & then fell away in the second half of the season

@Marshall_magic:

2005 is the last time we had 8 points after 5 rounds (3 wins 1 loss and a bye), but I don’t think we’ve ever been 4-1.

Do you know if we won round 6 in 2005 meaning we went to 4-1 and a bye.

@Footy Head Goodness:

@Marshall_magic:

Do you know if we won round 6 in 2005 meaning we went to 4-1 and a bye.

Nevermind, i recall i think we got flogged by the cowboys meaning we went to 3-2 and a bye.

This year has been the best start to a season since the Wests Tigers came into excistence.

The years 2000 and 2005 were prior to this year the best starts.

2000 3 wins 1 draw
2005 3 wins 1 bye

This is the Wests Tigers’ best start to a season after 5 games. In 2000 we won 3, drew 1, lost 1. In 2005 we won 3, lost 2.

After 6 games, the best was also 2000, with 4 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss. So we’ll need to win next week to stay in front!

well in the post game presser Sheens said it’s the best start we’ve had while he has been in charge. I remember us getting out to a good start one year whn jr was in charge.

5-1 in 2010 will be nice! Records are made to be broken!

Sheens actually said it was their best start to a year since he has been coach….

We also won 4 of our first 7 in 2001 before… well you know…all that stuff happened…

Since 2006, in our first 8 games, we have always won 4 and lost 4. Based on those stats I personally think that its a bit premature to think that we have started well.

We still have the Doggies, the Panthers and the Roosters to play until we get the bye in round 9. I’m gonna wait until then before I start getting truly excited. It’s not difficult to imagine us losing all 3 of those matches… at the same time its not difficult to imagine us winning all 3 as well. Inconsistency has a funny way of being inconsistent.

This is the Tigers after all. Stranger things have happened.

We normally tend to struggle against those Panthers. Love to see us blow them off the park. A win vs Ennis’ struggling Dogs this week would be magic also, and revenge for the whalloping we were handed by the Roosters would be nice too…hell, so many reasons to win all 3! Come on you Tigerrrssss!

After 5 rounds

2005: 8 points +9 differential
2010: 8 points +23 differential
2000: 7 points horrible differential

so this is our best start.

I’ll take any good start to the year, hopefully Sheens and co decide to do the basics right for a change we should fare quite well this season.

Does anyone know if Moltzen is going to try that surgery that Swans player had a crack at? He was on field in three months after a full tear of the ACL… He’d be back by the finals for sure, its only a 12 week turn around. I believe Luke Covell has also had a go at this?

@Cultured Bogan:

Does anyone know if Moltzen is going to try that surgery that Swans player had a crack at? He was on field in three months after a full tear of the ACL… He’d be back by the finals for sure, its only a 12 week turn around. I believe Luke Covell has also had a go at this?

I was thinking the same thing. Covell is already walking without crutches and he only had the surgery last week.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme