Semi finals eligibility

• Does anyone know the rules re: how many games a player has to play in reserves to qualify to play in the finals?

Just wondering if the timing of farah to reserves was so he can qualify for the finals should he play all games?

I initially thought it was all about once Origin was done and dusted, JT letting him get through that series without distraction before his dropping.

• copied from another post.

a) A player will be eligible to play in the final series of matches in the competition in which he played the majority of or equal number of premiership games prior to the final series commencing.
    OR
    b) The player has participated in a minimum of eight (8) premiership games in that competition prior to the final series commencing.
    OR
    c) A player will be eligible to play in the final series providing the higher grade (NRL) is still competing in the NRL competition.
    Note: If the higher grade is eliminated on the same weekend prior to the VB NSW Cup match, players who do not qualify under any other category apart from clause ‘©’ will be permitted to play on that weekend only, e.g. If the NRL Team is eliminated on Friday or Saturday and the VB NSW Cup game is on Sunday, players who do not qualify otherwise will be permitted to play on that Sunday.
    OR
    d) A player who has qualified in a lower level or a player who has qualified to play in the NYC Competition Final Series will still be eligible to play in the VB NSW Cup Final Series.
    OR
    e) A higher level qualified player who has failed to gain selection in the NRL Final Series and is playing in a lower level competition Final Series will be required to have participated in two matches throughout the lower level competitions Final Series to be eligible to continue playing in that Final Series therefore eliminating any of the previous eligibility rules.
    f) A starting player will not be eligible to play in two levels of the Final Series scheduled on the same weekend, other than where the lower level team has played earlier than the higher level team on that weekend of the
    Final Series and due to extenuating circumstances (last minute player withdrawal), then a lower level player will be eligible to play in the higher level game.
    g) If a player has participated in an equal amount of matches in higher level or lower level Competitions at the conclusion of the regular season, the player will then qualify for the lower level Final Series and therefore be eligible to play in the higher level Final Series.
    h) Each Club with a team engaged in the Final Series at any level is required to lodge with the NRL, NSWRL and QRL a list of players whom they consider to be eligible to play in each level by no later than 5.00pm on the Monday following the conclusion of the last round of the competition.
    i) The team that competes in the National Championship Grand Final against the Winner of the Queensland Cup competition will be able to field all players that are qualified to play in the NSW Cup Grand Final.

• So, If they NRL side make the 8 - Yep

If the NRL side dont make the 8 - Nup

If the NRL loses in the finals - Nup

• Banned

@Bob:

So, If they NRL side make the 8 - Yep

If the NRL side dont make the 8 - Nup

If the NRL loses in the finals - Nup

Wasnt this Wobbies second game in reserve grade for the year???If so he qualifies under point B if he plays the next 6 weeks in reserves.

• He could also qualify through e) if both teams make the semis and the NRL side wins its first semi.

• It’s a massive long shot. He in all likelihood won’t be eligible. Will he even play every game or get ‘injured’ here and there…

Those rules are old as well so who knows how many of them still apply (many sound quite odd and may have been removed)

• Banned

@Balmain Boy:

It’s a massive long shot. He in all likelihood won’t be eligible. Will he even play every game or get ‘injured’ here and there…

Those rules are old as well so who knows how many of them still apply (many sound quite odd and may have been removed)

Why is it such a massive longshot???

• @VonMiller58:

@Balmain Boy:

It’s a massive long shot. He in all likelihood won’t be eligible. Will he even play every game or get ‘injured’ here and there…

Because you can’t just drop senior players a month out from the finals and get them to play in the Finals. It’s against the rules, he would be ineligible, and its unfair on the players who have got the team that far throughout the season.

• @Balmain Boy:

@VonMiller58:

@Balmain Boy:

Because you can’t just drop senior players a month out from the finals and get them to play in the Finals. It’s against the rules, he would be ineligible, and its unfair on the players who have got the team that far throughout the season.

Souths did it in I think 1986 to win an u/23 premiership, they had players who were playing first grade in the team, mind you there were some future stars as well in the team, felt sorry for Penrith that day.

• Banned

@Balmain Boy:

@VonMiller58:

@Balmain Boy:

Umm.Its In the rules.Providing Wobbie has played two reserve grade games this year.Has he not???I’m not sure.I thought he played one earlier…not sure.

• @VonMiller58:

@Balmain Boy:

@VonMiller58:

@Balmain Boy:

Umm.Its In the rules.Providing Wobbie has played two reserve grade games this year.Has he not???I’m not sure.I thought he played one earlier…not sure.

So far he’s played one. Already has a ‘calf strain’ who knows how many more he’ll play.

Also, the rules listed above are a few years old. Who knows how similar they are now…?

The only way he qualifies from the old rules is if the senior side makes the finals. However due to having a NSW Cup v QLD Cup decider on grand final day, NSW cup rounds are played one week earlier than the NRL season and thus the NSW Cup finals start a week before the NRL finals do.

So obviously the above rules must now be different.

• @VonMiller58:

@Balmain Boy:

@VonMiller58:

@Balmain Boy:

Surely a player would have to play more than 2 games to qualify?
    I can see this calf injury getting dragged out for a bit so he is no chance of playing finals in reggies.

• Banned

@Fade To Black:

@VonMiller58:

@Balmain Boy:

@VonMiller58:

I can see this calf injury getting dragged out for a bit so he is no chance of playing finals in reggies.

My reasoning was that if Wobbie had played two games in reggies then finished the year in reggies he would be eligible. That post was made before wobbies withdrawal this week from reggies.

• @VonMiller58:

@Fade To Black:

@VonMiller58:

@Balmain Boy:

My reasoning was that if Wobbie had played two games in reggies then finished the year in reggies he would be eligible. That post was made before wobbies withdrawal this week from reggies.

But those rules don’t exist and thus he probably wouldn’t be eligible anyway.

Recent Topics