Robbie Farah will be back for Wests Tigers this year says Elijah Taylor

• I couldnt see this posted already.

Interesting read from someone who has been there
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/nrl-robbie-farah-will-be-back-for-wests-tigers-this-year-says-elijah-taylor-20160726-gqe83d.html

A representative forward, dumped to reserve grade in a bid to force him out of the club after a fallout with the coach.

Elijah Taylor knows better than most what Robbie Farah is going through. While Taylor was unable to crack back into the first grade side when he was banished by Penrith coach Anthony Griffin, the New Zealand international predicts Farah will be back in the Tigers’ top squad in time to register his 250th NRL appearance this season.

“I think he will play first grade again [this year], definitely,” said Taylor, who has helped cover the void at dummy half.

“He works hard on his game, his experience comes to my mind. He’s the kind of player, when I’m warming up next to him before a game, he gives me confidence because I know how much experience he has … he’s a club great.”

Taylor was touted as a potential Panthers captain during the pre-season. Having been overlooked for that honour he was then dropped to reserve grade because Griffin believed he wasn’t aggressive enough for the NRL. The 26-year-old was barred from team training sessions for the last six weeks of his stint at the foot of the mountains before the Tigers offered him a lifeline. Which is why Taylor can empathise with Farah’s plight.

“I can actually,” Taylor said. "At that time, mentally it’s very tough to get up for games and play good footy for the reserve team.

“I’ve been in those shoes and it really tests your character. All we can do is work hard with what you can control and that’s what I did. Then the opportunity at the Tigers came up and I took it.”

Farah’s long-time rival Michael Ennis shocked the league world by rejecting a one-year extension at Cronulla to retire at the end of the season, sparking speculation Farah could replace him at the Sharks. Regardless of whether he sees out the final year of his contract, Taylor believes Farah will reach the 250-game milestone with the Tigers this year.

“I am positive he will get there,” Taylor said.

"He’s an experienced campaigner, knows what he needs to do. The coach has told him what he needs to do and he’ll do it. He wants to play first grade … we need him in the team.

"We’ve got some big games coming up, big games we must win. The experience that he has in controlling football games and controlling the tempo, especially in that position, he’s a master.

“That’s why I’m confident he will play again. We don’t have much experiences games-wise as a team and Robbie can bring that out.”

Tigers coach Jason Taylor is of the belief the club’s trio of promising young playmakers – Mitchell Moses, Luke Brooks and James Tedesco – receive earlier ball when Farah is absent from the side.

“I couldn’t see that, I hadn’t seen enough to think ‘what’s going on here?’” Elijah Taylor said.

"What happened before me I can’t control, I couldn’t see anything. But the games I did play with Robbie, I thought he went really well.

“Against Penrith he scored a try and controlled the game really well. Again, I don’t make selection decisions.”

Should the Tigers beat Parramatta on Saturday, they will edge their way towards the cusp of the top eight.

• If he’s been asked, he isn’t going to say no. He’s obviously going to speak about Farah in a positive light.

• @GNR4LIFE:

If he’s been asked, he isn’t going to say no. He’s obviously going to speak about Farah in a positive light.

Did you see the interview ? He answered the question and then continued on in his praise of Farah . They asked other players as well who all made it clear they preferred him in the team and how he had helped their games …. with the disclaimer that it’s not their job to select the team .
    Very interesting little segment on NRL Tonight.

• @GNR4LIFE:

If he’s been asked, he isn’t going to say no. He’s obviously going to speak about Farah in a positive light.

How ironic, any JT praise from a player and you can’t get on here quick enough shoe on the other foot and it is a different story.
    JT has made this move on ego not for the good of the club, it is obvious to most, even our best signing ET thinks Farah should be there.

• @851:

@GNR4LIFE:

How ironic, any JT praise from a player and you can’t get on here quick enough shoe on the other foot and it is a different story.
    JT has made this move on ego not for the good of the club, it is obvious to most, even our best signing ET thinks Farah should be there.

You’re the last person on this entire forum who can can talk about irony.

• Taylor may be speaking his mind just because he has felt like he was in the same spot as Farrah , Unwanted , if Farrah is not in this team this week ,and we win , as i have said let JT have his way , it could do our club great , but if players are saying they think he will do 250 games , there is a reason for it , Confident of winning games to make the 8 , with him in the team , I still think we were good with Robbie of the bench , what Dean did last week was nothing but get in and pass , nothing else , Farrah is more than that

• @cktiger:

@GNR4LIFE:

Did you see the interview ? He answered the question and then continued on in his praise of Farah . They asked other players as well who all made it clear they preferred him in the team and how he had helped their games …. with the disclaimer that it’s not their job to select the team .
    Very interesting little segment on NRL Tonight.

Farah is a prickly character, not very endearing, but JT is as bad or worse in his man management and people skills, I would bet there are quite a few players who dislike him and want him gone.

• @GNR4LIFE:

@851:

@GNR4LIFE:

I dont think so, I have stated all along I have no time for our coach, you just cant get enough of him, so fail again mate

• @851:

@GNR4LIFE:

@851:

@GNR4LIFE:

I dont think so, I have stated all along I have no time for our coach, you just cant get enough of him, so fail again mate

Do i need to link you again where you were full of praise for JT having to have his team selections rubber stamped, only to be venting your rage solely on him 2 weeks later when we started losing again?

• @GNR4LIFE:

@851:

@GNR4LIFE:

@851:

Do i need to link you again where you were full of praise for JT having to have his team selections rubber stamped, only to be venting your rage solely on him 2 weeks later when we started losing again?

Go and look whatever floats your boat, but I said plenty of times that if Buckets is signing off on these moronic team selections he needs to go too.

• Banned

Someone needs to write a novel, this whole saga has a lot in it. Hopefully by the end of the story the club can rise above the pettiness it has created put some names to faces and stop dumping on players. There’s enough names from Tim sheens to i don’t even want to say his name. Out of respect for Tim i can’t compare him to the current coach. Expect the unexpected.

• Also had the support of Jesse Sue and Ava - in the same interview. Jesse credited him for helping him develop his game and Ava said he was a mate
    In fact the only bagging of Farah as a person seems to come from the people who don’t know him but think they do.
    Please enlighten me if you know him personally.

• I think everyone understands this is a vindictive power play timed before two games against teams we will beat with or without Farah. Its very unfortunate this has happened when Farah and the halves hit form together with him off the bench.

For mine we have intentionally weakened the team to force Farah out which, is madness.

• @Telltails:

Also had the support of Jesse Sue and Ava - in the same interview. Jesse credited him for helping him develop his game and Ava said he was a mate
    In fact the only bagging of Farah as a person seems to come from the people who don’t know him but think they do.
    Please enlighten me if you know him personally.

And crickets as they say

• @GNR4LIFE:

Just like the players are hardly going to come out and bag the coach hey??!!

Or does it only work one way for you?

Elijah Taylor went on to praise Farah in depth. But he obviously didnt mean it!

Recent Topics