Just a thought on how to resolve the current Farah/Taylor situation

• Let me throw out an idea to resolve this if it is purely about Salary Cap space

It seems pretty obvious Robbie wants to stay a one club man and the club needs Salary Cap relief for the 2017 season. I’m sure Robbie wants to stay involved in the Wests Tigers (probably as management) after he retires from his football career (which is more than likely at the end of 2017) in some capacity. So why doesn’t the club offer to re-structure his current contract

for eg Let’s presume Robbie is owed $1 million for 2017, half that for 2017 season with a new role in the club contracted for his outstanding $500 K + whatever amount he will be paid for that new role.

I could be mistaken if this is allowed within the rules of the NRL Salary Cap guide lines and feel free to let me know if I am

If it is I think Win/Win

• I’ve already asked this question a number of times on here and no body seems to want to respond.

• In an ideal world it would be a good solution. I think the situation is terminal now though and your scenario isn’t possible.

I wonder if this was floated at all before Farah went to the media last year.

• I have to be honest. As much as Robbie Farah has been with us for his career and provided great service, him staying here would be extremely unsettling. Regardless of whether or not he is at fault or contributed to the current issues, it has not been good for our image or his image. I think him staying on is not a good idea.

If he stays, he must retire at the end of next year. Who will want him after next year, seriously? If he left now, he could go away for a few years, experience other things, provide good service to another management/team/club and then come back if the time is right.

• @Cultured Bogan:

In an ideal world it would be a good solution. I think the situation is terminal now though and your scenario isn’t possible.

I wonder if this was floated at all before Farah went to the media last year.

Pascoe might also have tried exploring that path this year when he put Taylor in his box. Taylor being out of his box might mean it didn’t work.

• Do you really think Farah will get a job with the club after footy … Your dreaming he still has a long way to go to trashing our club yet.

• there’s no way he’d be back loading a contract with us again

• Banned

@Snake:

Do you really think Farah will get a job with the club after footy … Your dreaming he still has a long way to go to trashing our club yet.

Yep after he has been treated so poorly by the club there’s no way he’ll help them out in any way. He has bent over backwards for them for years. Never again I’d presume.

• Pretty sure that would be against salary cap rules.
    For example,why dont we offer ET a cleaning job after he retires say $500K to empty the bins.

• @LARDS:

Pretty sure that would be against salary cap rules.
    For example,why dont we offer ET a cleaning job after he retires say $500K to empty the bins.

I’ll take that job!

• ForumSupporter

I would give Robbie the job of Coaching Co-Ordinator…

• Needs to get a Choc Watmough injury and retire!!!

But to many have bullets have been fired,Farah has to be moved on and probably Taylor to

• They floated an ambassadorial role for him at one stage… Don’t think he likes the idea of that.

Best for all if he pisses off permanently once and for all

• @supercoach:

Needs to get a Choc Watmough injury and retire!!!

But to many have bullets have been fired,Farah has to be moved on and probably Taylor to

I don’t think he’s handled this well at all, but I stop short of wishing injury on him.

• 1. Sack Taylor … Pay him him out his 30k that he’s on ( I’ll pay that ).

2. Make Farah coach

Summary …we save $950k on next years salary cap and Taylor gets the arse …

It’s a win /win for everyone !!!
    😃

Recent Topics