ET to Rugby?

• From Fox Sports

Yet another one of the NRL’s stars is considering a shock code switch.

Wests Tigers lock Elijah Taylor is considering a move to rugby next season as salary cap pressure at the Tigers threatens to take away one of their best performers.

Market Watch can reveal the 26-year-old has attracted interest from several Super Rugby franchises across Australia and New Zealand along with receiving an approach from Europe.

After being granted a release from his deal with Penrith, Taylor has played 11 games for the Tigers, playing lock and hooker.

The Tigers are eager to extend Taylor’s contract but are heavily constrained by their salary cap hangover.

The Panthers are still paying a large chunk of his wage this season after Anthony Griffin released him after deciding Taylor was not part of his plans for the club.

It’s understood the Tigers have not given up hope of keeping the international, who has played 10 Test matches for New Zealand, but with Robbie Farah earning $900,000 next year and young halves Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses agreeing to rich one-year-deals worth around $600,000 each, the joint venture can’t meet Taylor’s asking price.

It’s also understood Taylor is looking for stability for his career and family which means securing a longer term contract.

Taylor has a history with rugby having played the game at rep level until the age of 16 when he entered the Warriors’ system.

Averaging 63 minutes a game, Taylor has been a shining light for the Tigers, averaging 35.1 tackles per game and only making six errors all season.

Hopefully we work something out to keep him.

• ET leaves we will see how much love Farah has left in the club trust me!

• @Snake:

ET leaves we will see how much love Farah has left in the club trust me!

Probably his manager leaking a few things to the media to get things moving.
    Either way it has nothing to do with Farah - blame the idiots who manage our salary cap.

• @Snake:

So the blame will be on Farah if E.T leaves yeah right oh!!!

E.T looks after what’s in the best interest of E.T

Farah looks after what’s in the best interest of Farah

It’s a Business….Loyalty is becoming a thing of the past.

• Wow! the twists in this just keep coming.
    If his already made a decision not to be here next year….
    Explains why he was encouraging the club / coach to keep Farah in first grade.
    Maybe his coped wind of the real reason being trying to retain him for next year and wants no part of it.

• @cktiger:

@Snake:

Probably his manager leaking a few things to the media to get things moving.
    Either way it has nothing to do with Farah - blame the idiots who manage our salary cap.

That is 100% true….but surely Farah can be flexible in negotiations which it appears he is not…

Surely a deal to secure long term employment within the club, beyond 2017 can be negotiated.that covers his $950k owed to him in 2017…this way we free up $950k for 2017 and Farah gets a secure future in sports admin after league.

• There always was going to be plenty of interest in ET and it always was going to depend on offloading a contract or two to create space if he was to stay with us.

We are a very different side with him in the team and he is a must for 2017, but I doubt he will just hang around waiting for the situation to be resolved.

Funny we have given him the perfect stage to showcase his skills to all other interested parties and now it might bite us.

• I lost a lot of faith in this team after travelling down to Canberra in minus 0 degrees watching them get beaten by 60 and then this whole fiasco with JAC/Farah and now ET has made me lose a lot of interest watching this team. I haven’t watched the past 3 games…not sure what it is but the passion isn’t there anymore man…

• oh boy… what a drama for us in 2016
    Everyone thinks Parra are doing it tuff, have some sympathy for the tigers
    Cant recall any good news recently…
    The best was probably ET signing with us

• @Love the WestsTigers:

oh boy… what a drama for us in 2016
    Everyone thinks Parra are doing it tuff, have some sympathy for the tigers
    Cant recall any good news recently…
    The best was probably ET signing with us

Then leaving…

Someone gives you a thousand dollars and then a month later takes it back…

• It wont take long for this to turn into another Farah hate thread when the real blame should be on admin for letting the cap situation be where it is.Thank you Mayer

• Up goes that asking price.

• ForumSupporter

Nah…… i think he’s going to the Russian Water Polo Team…

• Isn’t the NRL increasing the CAP for all clubs next year?

• @Snake:

what a dumb and stupid comment snake, just because robbie is owed $900,000 plus next season is not his fault, what about the years he took a lot less to help the club out.

Recent Topics