Ayoub, Weidler, Farah & Akouola

• The was a story tonight on Nine news by Danny Weidler on Sitaleki Akouola.
    The video is also on Weidlers twitter account.
    In the story Sitaleki tells of how he supported Robbie last week by catching public transport out to LO, how this time last year he went through the same thing Robbie is going through, and finally how he was contemplating suicide after being dropped by Taylor
    Im glad everything now seems OK for him, depression and mental illness is no light thing……but I cant help but feel, watching the video…he was possibly coerced into this. I feel he is being used. He was prodded by Weidler imo, he seemed reluctant…maybe Im reading it wrong. But the fact the interview was all about Robbie to begin with and finished with his lowest of days, it seems to me like the concern is in the wrong place.

I wonder why this story is only being put forth now?

The link with him supporting Robbie is somewhat relevant, but its very minor in the whole scheme of thing when he was in fact contemplating ending it all.

I may be cynical, and I expect to be called all sorts of things…but I believe Weidler is a director at Ultra Management (sports), along with Sam Ayoub, who happens to be Sitalekis manager, as well as Robbies.
    You dont need to be too sharp to join the dots

https://twitter.com/danny_weidler

• I agree with you ink. it all looked very contrived to me. Given Sitaleki was never a regular top 17 player here, It seems very surprising that he went from happily accepting being a back up player to comtemplating suicide because he didn’t play an NRL game.

He had 1 game in 2013, 10 games in 2014.

And as you said, he didn’t look comfortable.

First thing I thought after watching it was “Here’s a classic case of the media creating a story so that they can have a story to report on”

Nine have a bit of form in this area.

Remember a few years back when the Bulldogs held their mad mondayinside a locked stadium. nine went around and asked questions about what was going on and then flew a chopper over the ground. The Bulldogs players got the shirts and made rude gestures etc and bingo, nine had their story. Sure they had to poke the dogs players with a long stick, but they got a reaction.

This though is far more contrived. Weidler has a penchant for trying to look like an insider when in reality, no one talks to him.

• next robbie will pay lodge

• an old adage I heard said if you looked up and to the right it was a sure sign you were lying…

just sayin…

• Classy guys ……

• ForumSupporter

The Akouola Story came out at the time last year when he went to the Panthers in a Weidler column at the height of the Farah saga then,

Why is it being brought up again now…Well I think that’s obvious…

• Pretty low act bringing a potential suicide attempt into this saga, and using it as a pawn.

• ……

• Banned

Wow, taking classy to a new level. Actually questioning a guy coming out and saying not making it to firsrt grade lead to him wanting to kill himself. Weidler is a disgrace and would do anything for a story. And you use this story to defend an argument about sport. This really just shows the kind of person you are, and what a sad person you are.

• That is disgraceful and pathetic in its transparency. I really hope Teddy gets himself away from Ayoub, he seems like such a decent guy and he doesn’t need scum like Ayoub to get him extra coin, his talent speaks for itself. I also hope someone points out to Sitaleki that his agent has just used him as a pawn for the benefit of one of the cash cows on his books.

I don’t know what their agenda is. This is just going to widen the rift. Maybe Ayoub just wants to force the club to make a payout of the contract so he gets a cut of that and then gets another cut of the new contract at a fresh club.

• ForumSupporter

@Nelson:

That is disgraceful and pathetic in its transparency. I really hope Teddy gets himself away from Ayoub, he seems like such a decent guy and he doesn’t need scum like Ayoub to get him extra coin, his talent speaks for itself. I also hope someone points out to Sitaleki that his agent has just used him as a pawn for the benefit of one of the cash cows on his books.

I don’t know what their agenda is. This is just going to widen the rift. Maybe Ayoub just wants to force the club to make a payout of the contract so he gets a cut of that and then gets another cut of the new contract at a fresh club.

Tedesco will be under new management at seasons end…

• Channel 9 at its best , disgraceful

Cam Smith / Alex MacKinnon story all over again

I’m over the moon that Fox get to televise the semis live as well

Take SOO off them and this little black duck will be in heaven

Then add the cricket as well ……

• @Geo.:

@Nelson:

That is disgraceful and pathetic in its transparency. I really hope Teddy gets himself away from Ayoub, he seems like such a decent guy and he doesn’t need scum like Ayoub to get him extra coin, his talent speaks for itself. I also hope someone points out to Sitaleki that his agent has just used him as a pawn for the benefit of one of the cash cows on his books.

Tedesco will be under new management at seasons end…

Amen to that G Man

• Can I just say I really hope the club is helping Robbie through this whole situation

Its not ideal and it’s hurting all the parties involved , but Robbie still needs to be respected throughout the whole process

• @happy tiger:

Can I just say I really hope the club is helping Robbie through this whole situation

Its not ideal and it’s hurting all the parties involved , but Robbie still needs to be respected throughout the whole process

He might not want anything that the club is offering at this point in time but you’re right, they should at least be making the offer and looking out for him.

Recent Topics