Parramatta

I’m confused. How can a team, who dominant the last 10 or so games of the 2009 season, then go on to lose at home to the Raiders on the back of being kept to nil by Cronulla.

It’s just so vexing…

It’s simple.

Last year they were a one-man show.

When he’s not pulling stuff from his rear end and carrying the team, they suck.

Does this mean our win against them in Rd 3 was not as impressive as we first thought?

I think that the quality of their players are finally starting to show.
6.Mortimer
7.Robon
9.M.Keating
Mortimer is a decent player but is still learning at now at the stage of his career yet were he can be the dominant half. As for Robson he is quite good in defense but offers next to nothing when it comes to attacking play. When is comes to Parramatta its simple… you shut down Hayne, you shut down Parramatta.

could also be the forwards

and less luck

@benjibrotown:

I think that the quality of their players are finally starting to show.
6.Mortimer
7.Robon
9.M.Keating
Mortimer is a decent player but is still learning at now at the stage of his career yet were he can be the dominant half. As for Robson he is quite good in defense but offers next to nothing when it comes to attacking play. When is comes to Parramatta its simple… you shut down Hayne, you shut down Parramatta.

You shut down Parra’s ability to off load and create second phase plays, or meet them in a straight defensive line, you’ve got them licked… Melbourne found them out in the final… Hayne can’t do much when he hasn’t got an unorganised defensive line he can dance and twirl a gap through…

@steven_tiger:

It’s simple.

Last year they were a one-man show.

When he’s not pulling stuff from his rear end and carrying the team, they suck.

If it really is a simple case of shutting him down, how did they do so well last year?

I mean, they beat quality opposition last year (us, in good form, Dragons, Bulldogs). There is more to it than just a freaky Hayne moment per game.

😆 Parra beat by the Raiders who never win on the road……

Oh and I see Panfers towelled the Rorters as well…

Storm got beat

Ah what a weekend of Rugby league

Robson is an awful defender and misses more tackles than anyone he is an average player at best.

Parra bought in the wrong areas last year. They need to buy a dominant half and a better hooker to replace the loss of kingston.

Tahu - Off the pace big time. Still making errors.
Shackleton - gone for the year
Poore - Getting smashed every tackle - reports he wants out of the club after only 5 rounds with them
Mortimer - Second year syndrome is crippling him. Lacks direction.
Robson - Confused much?
Cayless - under fire from the media, retirement leaked by someone in the club, so he was forced to announce it.
Hindmarsh - Critical of the board of the club by writing in the paper saying no one should have leaked it
Moi Moi - Yet to sign a new deal. Claiming no agreement was made.
Grothe - Is he going or is he staying?
Hayne - Out of form

Osborne - “Find form or no contract for you” AKA Come and steal my players.

This is a club that is ‘wigging’. Welcome to the pressure cooker.

@Geo.:

😆 Parra beat by the Raiders who never win on the road……

Oh and I see Panfers towelled the Rorters as well…

Storm got beat

Ah what a weekend of Rugby league

When you put it that way I’m happy with a 5/8 tipping round!

I wish I placed a bet, I thought Canberra looked a juicy at around the $3 mark.

Parra need to pick up their act, 1-4. 1-5 and they’ve got a loooooot of catching up to do!

Thats a pretty good summary there tigersnumberone, once you start adding everything together, there are a lot of issues there that need to be taken care of. One thing thats noticeable there is that there are a lot of probs with the forwards and as we know, once you shut down them and their 2nd phase play, you shut down Hayne and shut down Parra altogether.

Deadset you look at Parramatta and they have the best team … on paper, except for where it counts. They have talent from 1-5 and from 8-13 but are seriously lacking decent halves and a good hooker. Their marquee players really need to start stepping up. Moi Moi is getting owned as teams are starting to figure out how to best contain him, and going off what the boofheads on Triple M said tonight, Justin Poore was below first grade standards tonight and is apparently unhappy at the Eels.

@southerntiger:

Does this mean our win against them in Rd 3 was not as impressive as we first thought?

No. They are a team that we struggle to beat so it remains in the ‘impressive’ category. They also ran down Manly the week before that too. The wheels have fallen off the wagon since then though.

@alex:

Deadset you look at Parramatta and they have the best team … on paper

I don’t see it. They have a poor halfback, five-eighth and hooker, three key positions.

Hindmarsh cripples them - his attack is non existant. He is a stats player - makes 44 tackles a game, 40 of them he’s the third man in.

Mateo is talented but lazy. Ben Smith is a toiler at best. Burt is an average first grader. Grothe is powerful in attack but has no idea defensively. Reddy is average. Tahu is out of form. Cayless is past his best.

@hybrid_tiger:

@alex:

Deadset you look at Parramatta and they have the best team … on paper

I don’t see it. They have a poor halfback, five-eighth and hooker, three key positions.

Hindmarsh cripples them - his attack is non existant. He is a stats player - makes 44 tackles a game, 40 of them he’s the third man in.

Mateo is talented but lazy. Ben Smith is a toiler at best. Burt is an average first grader. Grothe is powerful in attack but has no idea defensively. Reddy is average. Tahu is out of form. Cayless is past his best.

Did you read my full post? I said they look good on paper bar their 6, 7 and 9.

i agree with brotown. their 6,7 and 9 have been found wanting this year and many players also must have read the papers last year and believed the hype about hayne. Sure hayne played well for about 8 games last year but he too has been found out. he looked ordinary tonight!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme