Grinding out a win

• I was really impressed with the way we approached the game tonight. You could see the resolve on their faces when we were taking the two points on offer a few times, as it showed they were ready to dig deep and grind out a tough win.

Josh Aloiai has raised the bar a lot higher over the last couple of matches.

• Banned

Aloiai is a gun. We needed another backrower to step it up this year and he has done it.

• Banned

Without Farah we looked able.

Sorry, I had to do it.

• Aloiai took another step up tonight, and he is only 20 BIG future ahead hope he stays a Tiger.

• Banned

@WestsSupporter:

Without Farah we looked able.

Sorry, I had to do it.

I know you did. Backing up JT is more important to you than winning games. Robbie should be there. He is so much better than Halatau and I rate Halatau.

• @formerguest:

I was really impressed with the way we approached the game tonight. You could see the resolve on their faces when we were taking the two points on offer a few times, as it showed they were ready to dig deep and grind out a tough win.

I thought we were absolutely dreadful.

• Grinding out a win? Hmmm smells like taylorball.

• @avocadoontoast:

@formerguest:

I was really impressed with the way we approached the game tonight. You could see the resolve on their faces when we were taking the two points on offer a few times, as it showed they were ready to dig deep and grind out a tough win.

In what way? We won. Did we win dreadfully?

• @NT Tiger:

@avocadoontoast:

@formerguest:

In what way? We won. Did we win dreadfully?

Yes.

• Please explain

• Banned

@NT Tiger:

Grinding out a win? Hmmm smells like taylorball.

No Taylorball is losing footy. It’s all about losing games. We won tonight. I hope you can see the difference.

To be fair we did win a game or two via Taylorball but it still felt like a loss because we were so ordinary.

• Momentum a funny thing. We started slow, then went bang bang… Next thing 14-2.
    Looked like we may cut-our f/a right back, but we let them back into it… Half time it’s anyone’s game.
    I thought we were gone… We looked spent… Running out of puff… But we’ve been here before and weathered the storm.
    A good tough effort

• I thought we were pretty average, certainly got the rub of the green. It helped get us across the line, that and the Eels attack being pretty ordinary. Nevertheless, we got the two points

• @stevetiger:

@NT Tiger:

Grinding out a win? Hmmm smells like taylorball.

No Taylorball is losing footy. It’s all about losing games. We won tonight. I hope you can see the difference.

To be fair we did win a game or two via Taylorball but it still felt like a loss because we were so ordinary.

No, Taylorball lost us games but it was about learning to grind out a game, knowing when to make the switch from free flow to grind. WT did it well tonight with Moses in control. See the difference?

• Good win … Against a committed opposition who scrambled well.

Recent Topics