Farah no chance of making Tigers v cowboys

• Farah no chance of making Tigers
    By AAP
    an hour ago

Robbie Farah is no chance of taking Luke Brooks’ spot in Wests Tigers line-up for Sunday’s NRL clash with North Queensland due to injury.

Brooks is out for up to five weeks with a knee injury and Farah has been mentioned as a possibility to move into the halfback role for the Tigers. However the NSW rake, who played in the halves after being dropped to reserve grade two weeks ago, is also sidelined with a calf injury.

Farah didn’t play for the Tigers reserve grade side last weekend and sat out training at Concord Oval on Monday.

Jack Littlejohn, Justin Hunt or Chris Lawrence will likely move into the Tigers halves alongside Mitchell Moses to meet the Cowboys.

Littlejohn played alongside Mitchell Moses in round one, when Brooks was missing due to suspension, while Lawrence filled in there in Saturday’s win over Parramatta.

Former South Sydney and Parramatta utility Hunt has been playing in the halves for much of the season in NSW Cup.

A late season surge has the Tigers in finals contention with five rounds to go ahead of Sunday’s round 22 clash with the Cowboys at Leichhardt Oval.

• I would play Rankin at 6 and bring in JAC.

• We can play littlejohn but not liddle? I’ll never understand these 2nd tier cap things.

• @matchball:

We can play littlejohn but not liddle? I’ll never understand these 2nd tier cap things.

Could be wrong but i think JLJ was in our top 25 at the start of the yr.

• Banned

@MacDougall:

I would play Rankin at 6 and bring in JAC.

Won’t happen, too sensible.

• @Newtown:

A late season surge has the Tigers in finals contention with five rounds to go ahead of Sunday’s round 22 clash with the Cowboys at Leichhardt Oval.

Sorry Newtown, just wanted to cut to the chase and quote the Important bit.

• @formerguest:

@Newtown:

Sorry Newtown, just wanted to cut to the chase and quote the Important bit.

I haven’t seen a newspaper report like that for years. Worth savouring.

• Banned

@Flippedy:

@MacDougall:

With Brooks out for 3-5 weeks i hope we go for a recognised half. I think JLJ deserves another opportunity and should be given a chance to build a combination with moses. I also hope Cherrington or Liddle are on the bench. We dont neccesarily need to beat the cowboys but a good performance will give us confidence for the following weeks.

• Am I the only one who thinks this"calf injury" is all just a big smokescreen to allow everyone to save some face?

• @Flippedy:

@MacDougall:

isn’t it more sensible to bring in someone with a kicking game?
    JLJ

• @softlaw:

Am I the only one who thinks this"calf injury" is all just a big smokescreen to allow everyone to save some face?

perhaps, perhaps not
    Innocent till proven guilty right ?

Lets say he faked it, now its hard to recover in a weeks times from one of these
    So long odds of getting picked
    Taylor has another excuse for not picking him

Off all the names mentioned, i’d like to see JLJ get at least one game
    Hunt can play halves but JLJ is a skill above him in that area.

• Banned

@Kavi:

@Flippedy:

@MacDougall:

isn’t it more sensible to bring in someone with a kicking game?
    JLJ

Probably, but I guess we’ll just have to wait and see who is actually gonna get picked. Might be neither of them 😮

• What would happen if Cherrington had a mysterious injury could we play Liddle?

• @bathursttiger:

What would happen if Cherrington had a mysterious injury could we play Liddle?

Not to wish injury upon anyone, but that would be great.

Recent Topics