If Lazarus doesnt play this week, why......

If Lazarus doesnt play this week, why is he in the top 25 players for this season. With our 2 top options for 7 out, if Lazarus isnt put in the team now there is never going to be a spot for him in this team. A non-selection of Lazarus will confirm to me that Sheens has the wrong people being counted towards our salary cap.

It feels like groundhog day today, but he is not part of the top 25. Your argument is actually a possible reason he might not be picked.

Just for the record, I want to see him named in the 7.

Taumata should play… he has the spark and would definently suit the guys attacking play

could you at least wait until you definately know he isn;t…face and egg spring to mind

@Footy Head Goodness:

If Lazarus doesnt play this week, why is he in the top 25 players for this season. With our 2 top options for 7 out, if Lazarus isnt put in the team now there is never going to be a spot for him in this team. A non-selection of Lazarus will confirm to me that Sheens has the wrong people being counted towards our salary cap.

Very good point!!!…Assuming he’s fit then he should be an automatic selection, otherwise why is he there???

@Eye Of Wests Tigers:

Taumata should play… he has the spark and would definently suit the guys attacking play

Cause he is out injured.

@weststigerman:

It feels like groundhog day today, but he is not part of the top 25. Your argument is actually a possible reason he might not be picked.

Just for the record, I want to see him named in the 7.

I thought he was a part of the 25?

sheens wouldnt have kept him on after not playing a game for 2 years if he didnt think he could play.

i would love to see him given a go in first grade as they kept him for 2 years when he was injured so he must have something. pls tim give blake a go and we will see how he goes.

@fergiefurr:

sheens wouldnt have kept him on after not playing a game for 2 years if he didnt think he could play.

This is a key point - if he is not named this week then I have no idea why we bothered re-signing him.

Is anyone able to give a certain answer on who is in our top 25 and whether that includes Blake? I suspect it doesnt.

My understanding is that his previous contract was renewed. Given he was out for two seasons I cant imagine he was in the top 25 prior to this season.

@IronTiger:

could you at least wait until you definately know he isn;t…face and egg spring to mind

I said if he isnt……not that he isnt…so theres no egg on face if he is selected. Derrr.

My understanding of it all. (Of course there is large scope that I am wrong)

Lazarus, Taumata etc are not on top 25 contracts. However they are paid by Wests Tigers as they are contracted by the Wests Tigers organisation. They are just not among the 25 highest paid contracted players. Each of them also have bonus payments built in to their contract if they play in the NRL for Wests Tigers. These payments and their contract value will at that time be included in the second tier cap.

That is my understanding of those contracts

does anyone know if Lazarus is up for it - its now or never right.

@smeghead:

My understanding of it all. (Of course there is large scope that I am wrong)

Lazarus, Taumata etc are not on top 25 contracts. However they are paid by Wests Tigers as they are contracted by the Wests Tigers organisation. They are just not among the 25 highest paid contracted players. Each of them also have bonus payments built in to their contract if they play in the NRL for Wests Tigers. These payments and their contract value will at that time be included in the second tier cap.

That is my understanding of those contracts

This is what I thought.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme