Reports - Jarryd Hayne Signs With Gold Coast Titans

• NRL: Hayne snubs Eels to join Titans
    By WWOS staff
    42 minutes ago

Jarryd Hayne has snubbed the Parramatta Eels to join the Gold Coast Titans in his return to the NRL.

Channel Nine rugby league reporter Danny Weilder has revealed Hayne spurned his boyhood club to sign a two-year deal with the Titans after announcing a return to the sport that made him a star.

It follows a turbulent 18 months for Hayne that saw him link up with NFL franchise the San Francisco 49ers before sensationally quitting to follow his Olympic “dream” with the Fiji sevens side.

However, the 28-year-old failed to make the cut and quickly returned home where he was chased by several suitors – including the Eels and the Australian Rugby Union.

But after the ARU failed to come to terms with the former NSW Blues star, it seemed a green light for Hayne to make a storybook return to the famous blue and gold.

That was until the Titans stepped in.

Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2016/08/03/06/50/jarryd-hayne-to-join-gold-coast-titans-snubs-parramatta-eels#gg4wKJRqx3PCCdIJ.99

• Good on them, bet they’re glad Cherry Evans didn’t end up signing with them - dodged a bullet!

Hayne > Cherry Evans

• Banned

@Born tiger:

NRL: Hayne snubs Eels to join Titans
    By WWOS staff
    42 minutes ago

Jarryd Hayne has snubbed the Parramatta Eels to join the Gold Coast Titans in his return to the NRL.

Channel Nine rugby league reporter Danny Weilder has revealed Hayne spurned his boyhood club to sign a two-year deal with the Titans after announcing a return to the sport that made him a star.

It follows a turbulent 18 months for Hayne that saw him link up with NFL franchise the San Francisco 49ers before sensationally quitting to follow his Olympic “dream” with the Fiji sevens side.

However, the 28-year-old failed to make the cut and quickly returned home where he was chased by several suitors – including the Eels and the Australian Rugby Union.

But after the ARU failed to come to terms with the former NSW Blues star, it seemed a green light for Hayne to make a storybook return to the famous blue and gold.

That was until the Titans stepped in.

Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2016/08/03/06/50/jarryd-hayne-to-join-gold-coast-titans-snubs-parramatta-eels#gg4wKJRqx3PCCdIJ.99

Good on them.I prefer anyone but the Broncos be the strongest team in QLD.

• Parra’s favorite son wont come back to them and people think we have problems because ours wont go!

• Everything/Everyone associated with the NRL is full of BS…

Benji: I will never play for another club but the Tigers.
    Hayne: I will definitely play for the Eels when I come back to the NRL….

Its all about the money and not integrity anymore…

Hayne will be a flop @ Titans, his best days are behind him and his ego will get in his way…there are so many fullbacks better than him like our own Teddy

• @tigerap:

Everything/Everyone associated with the NRL is full of BS…

Benji: I will never play for another club but the Tigers.
    Hayne: I will definitely play for the Eels when I come back to the NRL….

Its all about the money and not integrity anymore…

Hayne will be a flop @ Titans, his best days are behind him and his ego will get in his way…there are so many fullbacks better than him like our own Teddy

Haynes is walking into a club that under Henry has developed a real strong culture. He will take some time to settle in,but he we be a success, Henry will not allow any egos to effect the team.

• If Hayne didnt come back, this would have been the headlines next year but with the name Tedesco inserted. Gold Coast would have thrown the cheque book at him. Hayne coming back has been a good one for Tigers chances to retain Teddy next year.

• @Chris:

If Hayne didnt come back, this would have been the headlines next year but with the name Tedesco inserted. Gold Coast would have thrown the cheque book at him. Hayne coming back has been a good one for Tigers chances to retain Teddy next year.

Titans were an X-factor short of having a regularly competitive squad. Hayne will suit them nicely and as you’ve pointed out taken one cashed up competitor out of the race for Teddy.

• He will thrive up there… I think he could even go to another level

• I don’t think he’ll be a flop either. He’ll be the icing on the cake for a team like the Titans. Won’t be expected to carry the side.

• @Chris:

Parra’s favorite son wont come back to them and people think we have problems because ours wont go!

He won’t go back cause obviously he was getting paid illegally by the Eels in the past but now because the Eels have been found out by the NRL……they simply can’t compete with the Titans offer.

Would the Eels get an exemption in signing him ? Is it still $100,000 for a player that has given a Club a 10 year service ? anyway i think Hayne is short of 10 years service for the Eels anyway.

• Banned

What a dog. Sick of hearing about him.

• @Chris:

Parra’s favorite son wont come back to them and people think we have problems because ours wont go!

Hayne has signed with Titans for money Parra and all other NRL clubs just can’t match.

• Who cares ….very overrated lazy player .
    Already collected 2 spoons with Parra .
    Failed at NFL .
    Failed at Rugby sevens .
    The blokes a dreamer :blah :blah :blah

• Could be playing as early as this weekend , as the mid season signing rules don’t apply to some one not currently signed with any League team. Puts the Titans chances up a bit

Recent Topics