Voss: Moses ready to lead Tigers

• How good is Mitchell Moses playing?

Outstanding!

Moses is starting to achieve a better level of game management for the Tigers while at the same time come up with the brilliant plays he is capable of, on a more consistent basis.

Fox Sports’ Matty Johns rated Moses’s recent effort against the Dragons as the best of his career. He backed it up with another strong display against the Eels on Saturday night.

Now comes the big test. Sunday at Leichhardt Oval against the defending premiers.

No Luke Brooks, no Robbie Farah… No worries, Tigers fans. I reckon Mitchell Moses is ready to lead. That’s what the star players can do. In 2016, this 21-year-old has graduated into exactly that.

Twitter: @AndrewVossy

• ForumSupporter

Please refrain from starting Positive threads in this hour of doom and gloom for the Wests Tigers…

Only a short time ago Moses was an overpaid wanna be and all hype…Who many thought was taking the Club for a ride by exercising his option for next year…

Moses is stepping up taking ownership…He will miss his mate this week though…Slay em Mitch…

• Sorry mate

I’ll try my best to be negative :slight_smile: lol

• @Geo.:

Please refrain from starting Positive threads in this hour of doom and gloom for the Wests Tigers…

Only a short time ago Moses was an overpaid wanna be and all hype…Who many thought was taking the Club for a ride by exercising his option for next year…

Moses is stepping up taking ownership…He will miss his mate this week though…Slay em Mitch…

Yesss Geo where have they all gone ? What a fickle lot we are.

• Have to agree with Voss……credit must go to JT for developing Mitch into a very good NRL playmaker…as has his partner in the halves,Brooks…also good coaching to have us touching on the 8 instead of dwelling in the cellar…

Cowboys beware…the Tigers will be roaring at LO on Sunday…

• @Geo.:

😆 , settle Hansel .

His going O.K , he still owes the Club way more than we do as his been overpaid for ages with little consistency . His slowly growing in confidence and his still a young kid , so there is no doubt he will get better in time and his body gets more Mass.

Will see how he controls a genuine Premiership side , he’s been playing against under strength sides which has helped be a bit better.

• I just got sick of all the negativity on this forum…

Wake up everyone, we are equal 8th with 5 weeks to go before the semi finals and in it with a shot

Does anyone remember what everyone was predicting for our fine club? (even our own fans here in the off-season)

• Yep, need to keep Mitch and build a team around him, Woods, Teddy and Liddle. Love Brooks to stay but only on a much lower deal.
    Think Mitch has really shown he’s the real deal, you can really see all the hard work he has put into his kicking game and developing his body for NRL. Brooks seems to have hit his ceiling. I still think Brooks has a lot of talent however he’d be much better playing next to a veteran like Green, Maloney, Reynolds etc for a few years to take the pressure off and cover for his atrocious defence.

• Hope Mitch and the rest of the boys kill it this weekend…

• @TigerWoods:

Yep, need to keep Mitch and build a team around him, Woods, Teddy and Liddle. Love Brooks to stay but only on a much lower deal.
    Think Mitch has really shown he’s the real deal, you can really see all the hard work he has put into his kicking game and developing his body for NRL. Brooks seems to have hit his ceiling. I still think Brooks has a lot of talent however he’d be much better playing next to a veteran like Green, Maloney, Reynolds etc for a few years to take the pressure off and cover for his atrocious defence.

The trouble everyone has always compared Brooks and Moses from day one. They are completely different footballers. I suppose if you were forced to choose maybe Moses,as he has some freakish skills, but I guess we will know in a month how valuable Brooks is. My gut feeling is we will miss him big time.

Anyway I am afraid their asking price for 2018 is rising fast and I guess the external interest will be great

• Banned

@supercoach:

@TigerWoods:

Yep, need to keep Mitch and build a team around him, Woods, Teddy and Liddle. Love Brooks to stay but only on a much lower deal.

The trouble everyone has always compared Brooks and Moses from day one. They are completely different footballers. I suppose if you were forced to choose maybe Moses,as he has some freakish skills, but I guess we will know in a month how valuable Brooks is. My gut feeling is we will miss him big time.

Anyway I am afraid their asking price for 2018 is rising fast and I guess the external interest will be great

The reality is that we can’t keep both. We will lose one of our halves in 2018. Just which one? I’d keep Moses.

• Future captain.

• You would have to think there will be some serious money thrown at him, Brooks and Ted next year. Be interesting to see where it ends up. We haven’t seemingly had too many issues historically keeping our key spine players (Except maybe Prince), so hopefully that continues…

• Banned

He is really coming on isn’t he. It’s only a couple of games at this level though.

I’ve been impressed with both his and Brooks defence as well.

• I don’t know why people think we could keep all our best players. Other clubs can, we will have a clean slate of salary cap, there’s a cap increase coming. As long as they don’t all think they’re million dollar players then we could easily fit them all in.

Recent Topics