November 1st

• This being the date clubs can start negotiating with opposition players, can we expect to start getting some kind of idea of how the squad for 2018 will look once this date passes and we can start planning on where Farah’s money will go? Would be nice to have the 1, 6 and 7 locked up before round 1.

• There win’t be much of Farah’s money to go round, we’ll probably save about $350K tops. My guess most of that will go to keeping Elijah.

I think that’s why the story about Mortimer - there win’t be much to offer anyone else of substance till 2018.

• ForumSupporter

I think you may have missed GNR’s point cq…he is talking about 2018…

JJ Felise Chris Lawrence Jacob Liddle Esan Marsters Sauaso Sue and Curtis Sironen are currently the only Wests Tigers players contracted for that year…with only Rowdy beyond that…

the Salary Cap squeeze…The years of pain of previous managements backloading penchant and paying big overs for players will be gone,

• @Geo.:

JJ Felise Chris Lawrence Jacob Liddle Esan Marsters Sauaso Sue and Curtis Sironen are currently the only Wests Tigers players contracted for that year…with only Rowdy beyond that…

the Salary Cap squeeze…The years of pain of previous managements backloading penchant and paying big overs for players will be gone,

If nothing else, it looks like we have the makings of a half decent forward pack for 2018… With 19 players to sign and no backs signed so far it might be a while before we know what the team is going to look like, particularly as you would imagine the Big 4 will want to test the market.

Do you think the mindset of the Tigers is to keep as much cash free until they have Ted, Moses, Woods and Brooks signed, to ensure they can secure their services? Then whatever is left will determine the quality of the remaining players in the squad.

• @cqtiger:

There win’t be much of Farah’s money to go round, we’ll probably save about $350K tops. My guess most of that will go to keeping Elijah.

I think that’s why the story about Mortimer - there win’t be much to offer anyone else of substance till 2018.

Talking about for 2018. Next yr already is a write off financiaclly. I’ll be happy as long as we can retain ET. That will do me. 2018 is a clean slate.

• cant see too many teams wanting teddy
    mabye dogs,drags,rabits,parra, roosters, knights

• not too concerned about 2018 right now.

as for 2017, the pre-season will dictate how we go. we are on the improve and if we have a poor pre season, it could throw us back.

• @Geo.:

Hopefully this will be the end of back ended contracts, and our salary cap will be better planed with a good management team in place.
    We need to lock in our 1,6,7 and Liddle for a few years.

• @tig_prmz:

not too concerned about 2018 right now.

as for 2017, the pre-season will dictate how we go. we are on the improve and if we have a poor pre season, it could throw us back.

I think we’re in for a good yr in 2017. Top 8 minimum imo. We’ll go to another level in '18 if we can retain the spine and add a quality back rower and centre.

• @GNR4LIFE:

@cqtiger:

There win’t be much of Farah’s money to go round, we’ll probably save about $350K tops. My guess most of that will go to keeping Elijah.

Talking about for 2018. Next yr already is a write off financiaclly. I’ll be happy as long as we can retain ET. That will do me. 2018 is a clean slate.

Sorry GNR my apologies

• @GNR4LIFE:

@tig_prmz:

I think we’re in for a good yr in 2017. Top 8 minimum imo. We’ll go to another level in '18 if we can retain the spine and add a quality back rower and centre.

we wont be signing anyone new for 2018 at least until start of origin next year. but in order for half a marquee signing, we need to have a stable coach and a stable spine for 2018 which will depend on the start of 2017.

• @tig_prmz:

@GNR4LIFE:

@tig_prmz:

we wont be signing anyone new for 2018 at least until start of origin next year. but in order for half a marquee signing, we need to have a stable coach and a stable spine for 2018 which will depend on the start of 2017.

If we get off to a good start and are sitting in the 8 at the halfway point, i can see JT getting a minimum one yr extension.

Recent Topics