Moltz Out for season

Wests Tigers has confirmed today talented half-back Tim Moltzen will miss the rest of the season with a knee injury.

Moltzen underwent MRI scans on Monday which confirmed the post match diagnosis of a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee suffered against the Cowboys in Townsville on Saturday night.

He will undergo a knee reconstruction next week.

Meanwhile, MRI scans have revealed a grade one calf strain for prop Todd Payten. He is likely to miss two matches.

shucks…the news all of us were dreading…I can’t understand how an athlete can sustain such an injury running straight with no abnormal force placed on the knee…?..Here’s for a speedy recover Tim!.

Damn it, poor guy must feel terrible. I also don’t understand how it can just rupture like that, but that’s just the way it is 😦

Lets hope for a speedy recovery and an awesome 2011!

Not unexpected but dissapointing for Tim no doubt.

Good news about Payten though. Only two weeks. I was expecting a tear and 5-6 weeks

Great news about Payten, regardless of what people say he is a vital cog in our defence, even if his attack has been a little down this year.

Disappointing, but expected for Moltzen. As soon as he did it you could see it was an ACL.

Its a real shame but Timmy will bounce back.

If Moltzen reads the forum……hope you hang in there mate. You are a real talent and take guidence from the likes of Marshall who is in career best form after god knows how many injuries, weeks out of the game etc. Good luck mate. I had you playing city country this year but make it now your goal for next year!

Well we can’t say we’re surprised. Chin up Timmy!

Stoked though to see Payten will only miss a couple of games.

bad luck for Timm Moltzen. he will be missed alot.
good luck Tim for your recovery and looking foward to seeing you once again be part of the dynamic duo in wests-tigers halves.
good news for payto as well.
all is not lost.
never know it may be time for Lazarus to shine.

best of luck timmy on your recovery.

2 weeks for toddy is good news tho!!!

@smeghead:

Not unexpected but dissapointing for Tim no doubt.

Good news about Payten though. Only two weeks. I was expecting a tear and 5-6 weeks

Terrible news for Tim but much better news on Payten, they thought initially he would miss around 6 weeks so only being out for 2 is a bonus at this stage.

This really opens things up for Lui (and/or Lazarus) and Beau.

Very unlucky for Tim, though. But being so young he has youth and time on his side. I’m sure he’ll be back bigger and better next year.

Best start to a season in yonks and now this. It isn’t the worst thing that could have happened but it’s close.

Bum…I was starting to put him on my Farah, Marshall pedestal.
Bum…bum…bum…bum

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme