Save the magpies 1983

• The radiators have put a few pics up on Facebook from the concert at lidcombe oval.
    Just thought a few people may have been interested to have a look.

• Can you post a link Gal, can’t find.
    Cheers

• Banned

• Banned

Good days! 😃

• Without that money we wouldnt have survived and the Wests Tigers wouldn’t be today.
    Thank goodness for Rick Wayde … The only reason the “Wests” are still in the Wests Tigers.

• Were you guys there? My brother went, still talks about it.
    Rick wayde organised didn’t he?

• Some top bands in that list don’t see the likes of them now, I think Rick Wade is still involvedI read his name as either a board member with Wests Leagues or something similar from memory.

• @Knuckles:

Without that money we wouldnt have survived and the Wests Tigers wouldn’t be today.
    Thank goodness for Rick Wayde … The only reason the “Wests” are still in the Wests Tigers.

Not wrong, Rick Wayde save the magpies twice, a true wests legend. :master:

• I am sure Rick Wayde is is on the current wests tigers board. As long as his mate is not still floating around who was responsible for the Glory boys, magpie boys themesong that was doing the round in the late 80’s early 90s

• Banned

gallagher, amazing you were an old maggie supporter. Did anyone know of Rod Cobber Davis a real maggie fan. One of only two I ever met.

• @Byron Bay Fan:

gallagher, amazing you were an old maggie supporter. Did anyone know of Rod Cobber Davis a real maggie fan. One of only two I ever met.

Yes, I am an old Auburn boy from back in the fifties and sixties and I knew Copper (or Cobber?)Davis, who was a redhead. I remember a few of us looked to be in trouble with a bunch of guys in the late fifies (don’t remember where in Sydney) and Copper pulled up in his Holden Ute, pulled out the pick handle he carried under the seat and got us out of trouble.
    My memory is poor these days, but I think Copper played juniors with Auburn United or Lidcombe United in the fifties.

• Were there 2 of these events as i was at the Lidcombe Oval event or did the venue change due to the popularity.

• Banned

@MightyMaggy:

@Byron Bay Fan:

Yes, I am an old Auburn boy from back in the fifties and sixties and I knew Copper (or Cobber?)Davis, who was a redhead. I remember a few of us looked to be in trouble with a bunch of guys in the late fifies (don’t remember where in Sydney) and Copper pulled up in his Holden Ute, pulled out the pick handle he carried under the seat and got us out of trouble.
    My memory is poor these days, but I think Copper played juniors with Auburn United or Lidcombe United in the fifties.

Rod passed away about 5 years ago, a funny life, he was my rear backyard neighbour and his folks and mine from same neck of woods, knew each other for decades.

• @MightyMaggy:

@Byron Bay Fan:

Whereabouts in Auburn MM - I lived in Harrow Rd in the 50s before my family moved to Sheffield St - lived there until the late 70s.

Recent Topics