The Robbie Farah jibe that led to the rift with Wests Tigers coach Jason Taylor

• The Robbie Farah jibe that led to the rift with Wests Tigers coach Jason Taylor

WE can’t tell you when the feud between Robbie FarahandJason Taylorwill end — but we can reveal when it began.

As the fight between the Wests Tigers legend and current coach continues with Farah last week speaking to three Sydney-based NRL clubs, The Sunday Telegraph can reveal rugby league’s most destructive split began back in October, 2014 when Taylor declared his skipper “selfish’’ for refusing a request to knock back an Australian Test jersey and train with the Tigers.

Farah has been the loser as his relationship with Taylor broke down.
    Sources close to the pair claim the high-profile duo fell out when Farah opted to put his country before his club and take up a rare chance to wear the green and gold No. 9 jersey owned by Cameron Smith.

Farah considered snubbing the Roos at the request of his new coach but decided not to after seeking advice from family and friends. We have been told Taylor called Farah “selfish’’ and the wily hooker replied by saying “well, that is a decision you have never had to make’’ referring to the former Wests, Norths, Northern Eagles and Eels player’s lean representative career which consisted of just two games for NSW and three for City.

Farah has received serious interest from South Sydney, St George Illawarra and Parramatta, but none has tabled a formal offer.

The chance to represent Australia was too good to miss for Farah.
    MEANWHILE, leading player manager Isaac Moses is pushing hard to get Todd Payten to replace Taylor.

Moses manages the Tigers’ star halves Luke BrooksandMitchell Moses and has told officials the duo stand a better chance of staying at the club long term if Payten, currently NYC coach at the Cowboys, snatches the reins.

James Phelps,
    The Sunday Telegraph

• Gutter journalism waiting till game day to print these kinds of articles.

• Lol payten… Yeh let’s go back to the days of the players running the club

• ForumSupporter

I just….never mind

• True or false but interesting

• Most of us knew Taylor was a tool , this latest article just confirmes it .

• A coach denying a Kangaroo jumper to his player is selfish.

• Absolute rubbish… Who makes this stuff up? And Payten, lol how convenient. “And they’d have a better chance of staying, um, if the Tigers brought back Benji and Heighno and made Robbie assistant coach” 😒

• Obviously Sam Ayoub got his journalist mate to write the article. It’d been 5 minutes without a Farah story being in the newspaper so he had to get something written.
    I don’t care who’s right and who’s wrong. I’m sick of hearing about it. I just want to watch football.

• @Knuckles:

A coach denying a Kangaroo jumper to his player is selfish.

And as if Farah was going to get Cameron smiths jumper more to the point and probably why the coach took that view

• @innsaneink:

Lol payten… Yeh let’s go back to the days of the players running the club

I wonder who manages Payten……

• @hobbo2803:

Most of us knew Taylor was a tool , this latest article just confirmes it .

Surely you can see what’s behind the article.

• I remember reading something about this incident when it was fresh (but not what was said or the jibes), from memory JT was newly appointed and he wanted Robbie to NOT join the Kangaroos in the off season as he was scheduled for some sort of surgical operation which meant he had to delay it if he joined the Kangaroos but naturally Robbie refused.

I’ll try to dig up the article but no promises.

• @GNR4LIFE:

Gutter journalism waiting till game day to print these kinds of articles.

Grow up - it’s because it’s game day that they write stories related to the teams that are playing.
    If there’s an accident on the Harbour Bridge today do you want them to report it next week in case it upsets someone involved in the crash?

• @cktiger:

@GNR4LIFE:

Gutter journalism waiting till game day to print these kinds of articles.

Grow up - it’s because it’s game day that they write stories related to the teams that are playing.
    If there’s an accident on the Harbour Bridge today do you want them to report it next week in case it upsets someone involved in the crash?

So you support potentially destabilising articles on game day?

Is that you Robbie? 😆

Recent Topics