Now that's what I call a grind

• I think this is the first time in a long time that we really got into the grind with an opposition. Was just a great game by everyone today and for 80 minutes.
    Tough thing maybe is backing it up against the Titans. We are on what could be the start of a roll.

• Yeah we need to back it up next week but I’m confident we will. It’s been a while since we havn’t turned up to play. A trait we used to see regularly.

• Banned

I think we were better because Brookes was not there - if you don’t mind It being said. The defence held up better. No kids stuff by Moses today for a change, just when was needed.

• Where is all the hatred for coach Taylor’s disgusting decision to drop Farah?

• @maxxy86:

I think this is the first time in a long time that we really got into the grind with an opposition. Was just a great game by everyone today and for 80 minutes.
    Tough thing maybe is backing it up against the Titans. We are on what could be the start of a roll.

It may be very difficult backing it up next week, that would have taken a lot out of us

• After a golden point draw against Cronulla and a tough match against the Warriors, they might have trouble backing up next week as well.

• Banned

@trumper:

Where is all the hatred for coach Taylor’s disgusting decision to drop Farah?

I still think it’s disgusting and I still think Robbie should be playing and we are a better team with him there.

• @Knuckles:

After a golden point draw against Cronulla and a tough match against the Warriors, they might have trouble backing up next week as well.

True… Let’s hope so

• My summary is more a scramble than a grind BUT who cares when you walk away with the 2 points. Im certainly not complaining

On the topic of Defence: Moses was a mad man, tackling anything that moved. Brook sitting on the side line should have taken some notes

Really hard to fault the effort from the team, only gripe was a couple of lapses they had being tired when the cows cut through like hot knife through butter… One led to a try and i think the other 2 lines breaks that put us under pressure deep on our line

• @innsaneink:

@maxxy86:

I think this is the first time in a long time that we really got into the grind with an opposition. Was just a great game by everyone today and for 80 minutes.

It may be very difficult backing it up next week, that would have taken a lot out of us

The contrary, we had more possession then them, we should be pumped by that performance going into our next 3 games….3 games that are against opponents that we are fighting for a top 8 berth with…our finals destiny is in our our hands now!.

• @stevetiger:

@trumper:

Where is all the hatred for coach Taylor’s disgusting decision to drop Farah?

I still think it’s disgusting and I still think Robbie should be playing and we are a better team with him there.

My team is called Wests Tigers. By supporting that team it means I support the individuals selected to play in that team. By default that means I support the coach’s decision to not select people for the team. Win or lose.
    After a great win where the entire team is obviously playing for each other, the people not selected are irrelevant.

• Kind of puts the learnings from style of play in the 8-0 loss to North Qld at Campbelltown last year into perspective.

• It’s always been said fix our RHS defence and we’ll be tough to beat.
    Our defence through the middle as been good all year.

• @Byron Bay Fan:

I think we were better because Brookes was not there - if you don’t mind It being said. The defence held up better. No kids stuff by Moses today for a change, just when was needed.

Very good point BBF but to think we did it without Brooks Taylor and Farah (3 creative ball players) I think the passive play fro JLJ is good as well. Also defensively without Taylor and Farah……How did we win that game!!!

• Without getting into a slinging match, credit to JT for getting the boys ready for this one. We never let them into the game, and while we still had errors in us we completed our sets and weren’t prepared to let the Cowboys mince us on the right.

Funnily enough I heard an interesting stat on Saturday footy on ABC radio, apparently Cronulla are second for errors amongst the bottom 4 teams. While you should strive to make as little errors as possible, it’s not necessarily an indicator of where you sit on the ladder.

Recent Topics