2005 Similarities

• As 2005 the Tigers have beaten both the previous years grand finalists

• I think this season is very similar to 2004.

incumbent coach’s 2nd season at the club. Much improved on the first.
    The halves combo starting to really come together.
    Last season for long term hooker
    Possibility of making the 8 late in the season for the first time in ages.
    Younger forwards starting to mature into experienced 1st graders

• There are very few similarities to 2005. It’s a young improving squad….that’s all

• The team is 1 win behind the 2011 team after round 22.

• @TIGERS:

I think this season is very similar to 2004.

Yeah I agree with this assessment. In 2005 when we went on that run we were actually blowing teams of the park with big scores, we smashed Bulldogs that year also smashed the Cowboys in the semi’s, Sharks at shark park.

We are learning how to grind out games….a bit like Dragons style in 2010.

• oh dear :brick:

I’ll never forget driving down to Canberra in minus 2 degrees
    spending money on a hotel and driving all the way back after the team got beaten by 60….

Did 2005 team get beaten by 60?

• This feels like 2009.

We are storming home but no lock to make the finals.

Next year we can make the Top 4.

• Banned

@tsjonathan:

oh dear :brick:

spending money on a hotel and driving all the way back after the team got beaten by 60….

Our biggest flogging that year was against cowgirls 44-20 but in 2010 didn’t souths beat us by 50??

also in 2005 the roosters and bulldogs both sucked that year and didn’t make the 8, roosters were old and Fittler had retired bulldogs had 1 billion injuries and the 2nd time we smashed them by 50 they had a reserve grade team out there.

This is more like 2004 in that year we were beaten 56-0 and 50-0 back to back weeks and still almost made the 8 if you remember, just like the 60-6 game this year.

• Banned

in 2004 we smashed souths 56-6 we then SHOULD HAVE beaten the broncos with that Pat Richards try, then we played pathetic against cowgirls and knights, all we had to do was win 1 of those final 3 games to make the 8 and blew it.

• No similarities

• @BlackandGoldForever:

@tsjonathan:

oh dear :brick:

Our biggest flogging that year was against cowgirls 44-20 but in 2010 didn’t souths beat us by 50??

also in 2005 the roosters and bulldogs both sucked that year and didn’t make the 8, roosters were old and Fittler had retired bulldogs had 1 billion injuries and the 2nd time we smashed them by 50 they had a reserve grade team out there.

This is more like 2004 in that year we were beaten 56-0 and 50-0 back to back weeks and still almost made the 8 if you remember, just like the 60-6 game this year.

Either way I just can’t let that game go…I still know this team has long way to go.

We stand no chance against the top 5 sides imo. The Cowboys game was good with a rusty JT and I believe our other wins were scrathy beating lowly teams. Hope they don’t have a false sense of security,

• @TIGERS:

yup definitely

nothing similar to 2005

we beat both grand finalists in 2014 or 2015 right? dogs and souths

and smashed em both too (like 13+ both times)

• @TIGERS:

yup definitely

nothing similar to 2005

we beat both grand finalists in 2014 or 2015 right? dogs and souths

and smashed em both too (like 13+ both times)

i think we’ll probably fall short just like 2004 too. i hope we dont, but i think we will go 3/5, a couple of results don’t go our way and our pd unfortunately leaves us at 9th 😦

winning this week would give us an aamzing shot at going 4/5 and making it. and the result tonight is quite important in the longer term too

• Banned

Thurston is overrated we always smash him and make him look average, I don’t know what it is but he always plays bad against us.

Just imagine if we didn’t lose to garbage teams like the knights and roosters the bottom 2 teams then we would be safe in the 8, that is our problem we can beat the good teams but not the garbage ones

• @BlackandGoldForever:

Thurston is overrated we always smash him and make him look average, I don’t know what it is but he always plays bad against us.

Just imagine if we didn’t lose to garbage teams like the knights and roosters the bottom 2 teams then we would be safe in the 8, that is our problem we can beat the good teams but not the garbage ones

i think thats been a problem in previous years:

but this year we’ve played at about our station. got beaten by sharks, storm, dogs and canberra (last two very comprehensively).

roosters played very well, and have now picked up some form. theyre only 2nd last because of early season injuries/suspensions - otherwise theyd be around where we are

knights is fair, but even the raiders drew with them so it’s not like we’re exempt. hell, the dogs left it till the last 10 to put em away too

Recent Topics