Nofoaluma charged with dangerous throw

• Wests Tigers winger David Nofoaluma has been charged by the Match Review Committee following his side’s 26-14 win over the North Queensland Cowboys.

Nofoaluma was charged with a Grade 1 Dangerous Throw on Cowboys fullback Lachlan Coote in the ninth minute, attracting 125 points, or 93 points with an early guilty plea.

Should he take the early plea, he will be free to play this Saturday against the Gold Coast Titans at Campbelltown Sports Stadium as the Club looks to make it four wins in a row.

The Club will enter a plea for Nofoaluma at 12:00pm on Tuesday, August 9.

In other judiciary news, Gold Coast Titans recruit Jarryd Hayne was not charged for making contact with an official during his side’s loss to the New Zealand Warriors, and will be free to take on Wests Tigers this Saturday at Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016/08/08/nofoaluma_charged_by.html

• I know taking the early guilty plea and points is a good thing in the short term but the idea of having points hanging over is the down side especially if things go south for a player in that position come semis.

• Banned

We need him out there don’t we. He is basically a critical player. Great hit-ups and scores tries that no one should score.

• So glad he won’t miss any games!!

• So poor old Frizell cops a week for accidental contact, and Hayne doesn’t, and they wonder why supporters have no faith in the system.

• Different rules for the plane?…

• @851:

So poor old Frizell cops a week for accidental contact, and Hayne doesn’t, and they wonder why supporters have no faith in the system.

It’s a complete joke isn’t it. NRL just paid good money to get their golden boy back, they were never going to charge him. The administration that runs our great game are as predictable as they are hypocritical.

Pathetic and embarrassing.

• Nofoaluma charged with dangerous throw
    Mon 08 Aug, 2016, 10:50am
    NRL.com

Wests Tigers winger David Nofoaluma has been cited for a dangerous throw during his side’s Round 22 Telstra Premiership win over the Cowboys at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday afternoon.

Nofoaluma, who scored a try in the first half of the Tigers’ win, was charged for his challenge on North Queensland fullback Lachlan Coote, but a previous good record means he will escape suspension with an early guilty plea.

No other players in either Sunday NRL fixture were charged.

• How on earth was he charged for that?

Yet Hayne practically feather glances the ref’s elbow and gets nothing??

• The problem it was a low grade dangerous tackle. Complaining about the points and the carry over is pointless.

He was just unlucky the tackle went that way.

Look what happened when JT tackled Moses. He held him there and pulled him back.

• To be honest i am surprised he isnt getting a week.certainly it was an an accident and no malice but it looked very ugly if it was up to me i would take the guilty plea and move on.

• Banned

NRL is a dead set joke, no professionalism what so ever and the local under 8s Comp in any local area is run better. While I think the touching the ref rule is a joke, rules are rules and if Frizell cops 1 match for doing it Hayne along with anyone else should cop the same treatment.

Great news that Nofo will play, need him as he is playing some great footy at present and has stepped up his game this year

• @barra:

Different rules for the plane?…

Rules ?
    You mean the non-existent ones ?

• @marzie:

So glad he won’t miss any games!!

Not at this stage as Cunno mentioned
    The points accrue for each offence, eventually they accumulate enough for a suspension

Nofo regretted it as soon as the player went head down. Clearly no harm was meant (Judging by his reaction afterwards) but then again i cant blame him for trying to put an aggressive shot on, his side defense has been criticised enough for being ineffective .

Recent Topics