Backing it up

• Yesterday’s win was so intense and so emotional, is anyone worried about how it will affect how we back up? I’m not even talking in regards to taking the Titans lightly, but its common for a team to come out a week after that kind of game and be really flat. How do we avoid this? Will the fact that our season is still on the line be enough to ensure we turn up with the right attitude?

• Titans are a massive bogey side for us. We always underestimate them.

• Totally. It felt like we played our grand final yesterday.

Whatever though, it was a game we had no right to win. So win or lose next week, this has set a benchmark for how we can to play.
    Bring on the Titans.

• The coast are always a really hard side for us, under rated forward pack and a very good big and fast backline. They are also one of the better sides when it comes to a kicking game and there outside backs are great in the air.

If we play close to what we did yesterday a win is a probably outcome, but anything less and we are in trouble

• @bigsiro:

Totally. It felt like we played our grand final yesterday.

Whatever though, it was a game we had no right to win. So win or lose next week, this has set a benchmark for how we can to play.
    Bring on the Titans.

I thought the GF was in October I seen enough yesterday to suggest there is more in this team yet if the injury gods shine.

• I don’t think there’s any chance of complacency - our guys are locked in.

• @Snake:

@bigsiro:

Totally. It felt like we played our grand final yesterday.

Bring on the Titans.

I thought the GF was in October I seen enough yesterday to suggest there is more in this team yet if the injury gods shine.

From your mouth to his ears. 🙏

• ForumSupporter

Don’t stress too much GNR…it’s about the third or forth post with a similar theme and now an entire thread…

Listen to Frankie…

• Woodsy was straight onto that in the post match huddle - celebrate the win but keep focused on the goal of finals footy.

• @ricksen:

I don’t think there’s any chance of complacency - our guys are locked in.

They looked very focused and determined, can definitely see that continuing also. That game was a turning point, and beating a team like the Cowboys would have given the guys a lot of confidence and belief in their abilities and what they can achieve.

• @TIGERS:

Titans are a massive bogey side for us. We always underestimate them.

I would hope that it will not be the case this time. The boys have looked good for much longer periods against the Saints and Parra rather than playing well for 10-20 minutes and phoning the rest in. Adding to the effort against the Cowgirls I honestly hope this has seen us turn a corner in that we respect the opposition that is trotted out on game day. You’re a 50/50 chance of winning the game just by running out onto the field. If the other side has clocked off before a ball has been kicked you’ve already won the game.

We’ve been guilty of that so many times in the past after taking a huge scalp the week before.

Recent Topics