Tigers Players Praise Taylor Over Farah Feud

• Coach Jason Taylor’s unerring leadership through Wests Tigers’ Robbie Farah dramas has the NRL club on course for an unlikely final appearance, according to superstar fullback James Tedesco.

Taylor created the mother of all rugby league storms three weeks ago when he dumped club legend Robbie Farah to reserve grade.

Since then the Tigers have won three straight, including Sunday’s impressive 26-14 win over premiers North Queensland at Leichhardt Oval.

“It is a big credit to JT how he has handled it all and how we have handled it all and stayed together as a team,” Tedesco said.

"He has kept us all together and kept us calm and not let the media get to us.

"We know there was a lot of drama but we haven’t let it get to us. It shows on the field we haven’t let it get to us.

"We are getting good results and just playing together as a team.

“Whatever team strategy JT comes up with for any game we are all confident in that. We all buy into that and it shows.”

The Tigers sit in eighth spot four rounds out from the NRL finals.

They face a crucial clash with Jarryd Hayne’s ninth-placed Gold Coast at Campbelltown on Saturday.

“To beat the Cowboys will give us a massive boost heading into the end of the season,” Tedesco said.

"I don’t think I have won three in a row here before at the Tigers.

"Everyone is just excited to play with each other, there is a good mood and a good vibe around the place.

"Of course having Jarryd Hayne against us is going to create a lot of tension and a lot of excitement for the fans to watch that game.

"We are all looking forward to that’’

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2016/8/players-back-taylor-after-farah-saga/

Burn the scarecrow they said……

• Banned

LOL you are pathetic mate…fair dinkum.

• @stryker:

Tedesco’s a legend, what are you on about? :slight_smile:

• Banned

Lets enjoy a win that actually felt like one.
    Its been a long time coming.

• @GNR4LIFE:

@stryker:

Tedesco’s a legend, what are you on about? :slight_smile:

Not allowed to saying anything positive about Taylor. All the players support Farah, dont you know.

• Banned

Listen it is not Farah’s fault that Taylor did not represent Australia and therefore did not have to make the decision to put nation or club first so get off his back - haha

• First 80 minute effort I can remember in a bloody long time. Fair play to JT and the boys for aiming up for it. I hope we see more in the coming weeks. I was cautiously optimistic after beating St. George and Parra but now we put in our most consistent effort for the biggest scalp of our year yet. Things are looking up for the end of the year. Just got to hope the positivity and confidence stays with the group and they don’t get complacent. The Titans were shown up against the Warriors and would be smarting from it. Adding to that Hayne looked pretty comfortable in his return and will be better for the run.

• @Cultured Bogan:

First 80 minute effort I can remember in a bloody long time.

Yeah,its the first time i can remember for many games our RHS defence lining up play after play.
    Thurston was off thou.,probably shouldn’t have played.

• @Basil Tiger:

@Cultured Bogan:

Yeah,its the first time i can remember for many games our RHS defence lining up play after play.

Didn’t give him a chance to be on. Started off well with the kick in for Linnett. We shut him out after that.

• @Cultured Bogan:

@Basil Tiger:

@Cultured Bogan:

Didn’t give him a chance to be on. Started off well with the kick in for Linnett. We shut him out after that.

Exactly so.
    Some of the griping old biddies on this forum remind me of my gran at her worst. They will never admit that JT knew what he was doing all along. Doesn’t matter how good the win, how positive the players, they’ll snipe and gripe and pick at any little negative tidbit. Enjoy stewing in your own sour juice.

Go Wests Tigers!

• Banned

Grear win, and first time our right hand side defence was on. Instead or one rushing up , they either all moved up together or all rushed up together. Before the cowboys game they have been pathetic in their defence reads. So it wasnt Jt’s fault when they were rubbish, but lets give him credit when they are good. Guys have a cuppa, criticising JT when you see things you dont like is ok, you wont get into trouble. Thats the whole point of a forum, its opinion based. If we make semis all stand up and hail JT, it doesnt mean some of his decisions arent beyond baffaling.

• Just wait till we (inevitably) lose a match….

• Great to see the players and coach all on the same page. Its amazing what can happen in a team environment when everyone just puts their heads down and gets on with it.

• Its as clear as the nose on your face theyve never been more united and playing as a team than they are now

Well done to JT, for showing the young blokes what a team can achieve as opposed to individuals running their own race

JT isnt perfect, he like the players are learning and developing…theyre working as one and achieving as one, hes made mistakes in the past, he will make mistakes in the future, everyone does…look at uncle wayne last Oct

Everyone seems a lot happier now…its awesome

• @innsaneink:

Its as clear as the nose on your face theyve never been more united and playing as a team than they are now

Well done to JT, for showing the young blokes what a team can achieve as opposed to individuals running their own race

JT isnt perfect, he like the players are learning and developing…theyre working as one and achieving as one, hes made mistakes in the past, he will make mistakes in the future, everyone does…look at uncle wayne last Oct

Everyone seems a lot happier now…its awesome

+1. There would have been a lot of hand clapping and fist pumping yesterday and deservedly so. If the players brought into Farrahgate and all the rubbish off the field, we wouldn’t be looking as good on it.

Some of the positional pivots due to the like of ET going off and Halatou having a rest also worked. Group pack mentality; everyone there to do the job and take pride in the jumper.

Recent Topics