Cleary to Coach Dragons

• Rumours doing the rounds that he will be at Saints next year with their current coach moving back to his original Assistant coaching role.

• Lucky we don’t need him atm.

• ForumSupporter

😲 but he and Pascoe are besties… 😕

• Something had to give at saints. They stink

• That’s nice for them

• Banned

Cleary is a good coach but will struggle with the lot he has, needs to bring in new blood from the juniors or wait a year or two to attract star players

• I have reservations about Cleary …he had the best juniors and seasoned first graders at Penrith .They certainly had some injury problems and many are unpreventable but were a large percentage caused through bad sports management ?
    You only have to look at what Taylor has done about the Tigers injury problems of the past seems to be a complete turn around ,good luck to the Dragons but I would not be thinking Cleary is your answer.

• Big challenge if true ….

• “Listen, Ivan. We’ll make it 2 million a season in you can get Nathan to join us.”

• Banned

He should get his son, the guy is a star, only a kid still but plays like a 250 game veteran and no doubt will play at the highest level

• I know Easts have racked the cue for the year, but Nathan Cleary was outstanding to watch last night. Hoping he kicks on.

• @gallagher:

Something had to give at saints. They stink

Look I agree they are hard to watch.

However Mary got them in the Top 8 in his first year after they were out of the finals for 3 years. This year he is likely to finish 11th or 12th. They have a pretty ordinary roster I reckon.

Taylor took us to 15th and then to 9th at the minute.

Who has more talent in their roster? I would argue we do although their squad has some talent.

Now I have no idea who is a better coach however there results are similar.

AT the minute taylor has us on the up and Mary seems to have them on the slide. Thats the big diff at the minute.

• @Tigertigertiger:

He should get his son, the guy is a star, only a kid still but plays like a 250 game veteran and no doubt will play at the highest level

The amount of ‘‘stars’’ we’ve seen enter the game at the same age and amounted to nothing is as long as your arm. Off the top of my head i can think of guys like Tim Smith and Daniel Mortimer to name a couple. I’d see how he goes next yr once teams have a chance to figure him out before putting labels on him.

• I don’t think Mary is all that, but he’s hardly the main issue over there. No direction from the top, ridiculous recruitment and retention strategies and so on. Long may it continue.

• @gallagher:

Something had to give at saints. They stink

Any club that is considering re-signing Marshall needs all the help they can get.

Recent Topics