Sam Moa

• http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/rabbitohs/nrl-2016-russell-crowe-joins-rabbitohs-bid-to-recruit-robbie-farah–hot-or-not/news-story/e9c2a4638bcf28199207eaad6d4b4bee

Sorry can’t cut & paste the article from my mobile . But 2nd article after the Rusty loves Robbie article is about JT looking at signing big Sam .

• i dont mind but i rather ET
    Will offer a lot more than Mao

At the right price, YES but not overs and thats after we have secured our more valuable assets

• Here’s some of it…
    JT eyes Moa on the move

Roosters premiership winner Sam Moa has been given an ultimatum to perform or perish for the Tricolours as the last off-contract, big name Chook.

But the writing is on the wall for the popular 29-year-old, and Wests Tigers coach Jason Taylor is one who has read it with interest.

Taylor was Trent Robinson’s right hand man during their 2013 title run, which also saw Moa return from Super League and earn his stripes as a key cog in the Roosters engine room.

Sam Moa is in Jason Taylor’s sights.
    Sam Moa is in Jason Taylor’s sights.Source: AAP
    Moa’s struggles this season have gone hand-in-hand with the club’s dramatic slide down the premiership ladder, and a couple of rivals are sniffing around the nuggety prop with the Chooks poised to show him the door.

Leading that interest is the Tigers, where Moa first gave the NRL a crack after graduating from Keebra Park High a decade ago, before finally making his mark at Bondi following stints with Cronulla and Hull FC.

Ex-Rabbitoh Tim Grant has a new lease on life after landing at Concord, and it’s hoped Moa could do the same if Taylor can fit him into their improving pack for 2017.

• Personally I’m happy with Grant. And the rest of our middle forwards. Other prop is always handy, but not for much coin

• Pass for mine. I think we’ve got good prop depth with Woods, Sue, Ava, Grant and Felise.

• Moa is generally pretty solid but wasn’t too impressive last night.

• @Nelson:

Pass for mine. I think we’ve got good prop depth with Woods, Sue, Ava, Grant and Felise.

Adding Paseka to that list and i think we’re pretty well covered with a dynamic young prop rotation, with a bit of experience. If we can still have a few of Grant, Graham, Griffin, Tatola hanging around next season we’d have decent depth too.

I’d take him over Heighnington, but ET is first priority.

• Jordan Grant has been impressive this year in reserve grade, Dunno that he’s been training with the full time squad. I’d prefer to see him promoted to the full time squad - With the extra coaching he could be anything….

• Sam Moa has had an average year but he is awesome off the bench.
    Good leader who runs a 100 miles an hour and gets a very quick play the ball. Its the one area we have great depth (Woods, Sue, Ava, Grant, Felise). Youngsters Paseka and Tatola could be in line in another 1-2 years also. We need a gun winger, goal kicker, backup hooker and gun second rower however, Aolai looks to be that man recently.

• @Balmain Boy:

@Nelson:

Pass for mine. I think we’ve got good prop depth with Woods, Sue, Ava, Grant and Felise.

Adding Paseka to that list and i think we’re pretty well covered with a dynamic young prop rotation, with a bit of experience. If we can still have a few of Grant, Graham, Griffin, Tatola hanging around next season we’d have decent depth too.

I’d take him over Heighnington, but ET is first priority.

Yeah we do have good juniors coming through there and blocking their pathway with too much depth wouldn’t be ideal. I just don’t think prop should be a priority area for signings given our list. Nothing against Moa, if we were lacking in the prop department he’d be a great pickup, but we shouldn’t go after him just because he’s a good player that happens to be available.

• We have four good props playing FG and Felise banging down the doors to play more next year.
    Can never have too many props, but I’d rather spend any spare $$ elsewhere.

• Rather we prioritise spending any money we have on re-signing ET.
    We need a quality Center or wing as a priority

• As Nelson said…you can not keep blocking pathways for the young kids with real talent

• @TigerWoods:

Rather we prioritise spending any money we have on re-signing ET.
    We need a quality Center or wing as a priority

X2 !!

• @Love the WestsTigers:

i dont mind but i rather ET
    Will offer a lot more than Mao

At the right price, YES but not overs and thats after we have secured our more valuable assets

Weve gone from plain old Sauce in the pack to Aioli and Mao…things are looking up

Recent Topics