Edwards role?

• Was he not brought into the team to fill in at dummy half whilst Halatua is off?? Because of injury the last 3 wks with a forward going down he has filled in there. However what will be his role if no injuries occur?? Is the coach going to stick with the Rankin role or have Joel in at dummy half? I say this as being an afternoon game and if the big titan forwards tire it would be good to have a player that could read and exploit this with a retrieving defense.

• I am not sure what Edwards offers as a D/H, but as a tight forward he is getting better every week. I labeled him a plodder a few weeks ago, but the last two outings he has impressed me.

The only trouble a good team will eventually have some big success targeting our make shift centre when Rankin is in playing D/H

• this will turn into a you know who thread

• ForumSupporter

Tackle…

• we didnt get to see a lot of him last sunday but between him and Rankin at D/H i rather Rankin rake the ball.

He has been doing a better job out of there instead of the wing and im sure he will beat Edwards in the foot race out of D/h

The only think that doesnt sit well with me is how we cover for Rankin when he is at hooker…
    No to Lovett… I rather see MCK, he could be 2nd Row and slot Center… But then again im no coach

• He’s been playing as a tight fwd - whether that’s down to the injuries we’ve had (Grant and Taylor) or by design, hard to say.

• Thread title corrected.

• @Love the WestsTigers:

we didnt get to see a lot of him last sunday but between him and Rankin at D/H i rather Rankin rake the ball.

He has been doing a better job out of there instead of the wing and im sure he will beat Edwards in the foot race out of D/h

The only think that doesnt sit well with me is how we cover for Rankin when he is at hooker…
    No to Lovett… I rather see MCK, he could be 2nd Row and slot Center… But then again im no coach

Not that Lovett has been going badly but I’d go MCK over him for the DH reasons as well.
    Hate seeing Lovett at cente

• I think if Rankin is going to play dummy half. He should just play off the bench and we should roll with Addo-Carr on the wing. We only need three forwards into the rotation anyway. As a bench utility Rankin has a lot of value. Not many players can do a job everywhere but prop.

• Banned

@MacDougall:

I think if Rankin is going to play dummy half. He should just play off the bench and we should roll with Addo-Carr on the wing. We only need three forwards into the rotation anyway. As a bench utility Rankin has a lot of value. Not many players can do a job everywhere but prop.

We lose a forward off the bench but it’s a good idea.

• @supercoach:

The only trouble a good team will eventually have some big success targeting our make shift centre when Rankin is in playing D/H

He only plays dummy-half in attack. He goes back to the wing in defence.

• @stevetiger:

@MacDougall:

I think if Rankin is going to play dummy half. He should just play off the bench and we should roll with Addo-Carr on the wing. We only need three forwards into the rotation anyway. As a bench utility Rankin has a lot of value. Not many players can do a job everywhere but prop.

We lose a forward off the bench but it’s a good idea.

Well we more or less played with 3 bench forwards last week anyway and the player we lost is a 70-80 minute player anyway. If Rankin took Edwards spot on the bench he’s replacing a 30 minute player.

• @supercoach:

I am not sure what Edwards offers as a D/H, but as a tight forward he is getting better every week. I labeled him a plodder a few weeks ago, but the last two outings he has impressed me.

They won’t because rankin still defends on the wing, so our defensive structure is unchanged in that regard. He just goes to dummy half in attack

• @maxxy86:

Was he not brought into the team to fill in at dummy half whilst Halatua is off?? Because of injury the last 3 wks with a forward going down he has filled in there. However what will be his role if no injuries occur?? Is the coach going to stick with the Rankin role or have Joel in at dummy half? I say this as being an afternoon game and if the big titan forwards tire it would be good to have a player that could read and exploit this with a retrieving defense.

It’s Halatau.

And no, it was only ever speculation.

• @MacDougall:

JAC can’t be chosen again as we’ve reached the limit of our 2nd tier Salary Cap

Recent Topics