Team List R23 - NYC v Titans..

• ForumSupporter

Holden Cup Team Announcement: Round 23

Wests Tigers Media

Tue 9th August, 04:00PM
    A A

Team List R23 - NYC
    Wests Tigers NYC Holden Cup Coach Willie Peters has named his team to take on the Gold Coast Titans this Saturday, August 13 at Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

Kickoff for the match is at 10:40am AEST as Wests Tigers look to build on a last-start win over the North Queensland Cowboys and keep their hopes at a top four finish alive.

Coming into the match in sixth position and just two points off third place, Wests Tigers have received a huge boost for Sunday’s game with the return of Junior Kiwi international forward Esan Marsters from a shoulder injury. He will start in the back row alongside Mark McCormack while Pio Sokobalava has also been named to play his first game of the year off the interchange bench after suffering a serious shoulder injury in pre-season.

Ray Stone moves to lock forward to replace Jack Wheelhouse, with hookers Jacob Liddle and Daniel Peck to co-captain the team against the 11th-placed Gold Coast Titans.

See Wests Tigers Holden Cup team named to take on the Gold Coast Titans this Saturday!

Get your tickets for Saturday’s clash against the Titans as we look to make it four in a row!
    WESTS TIGERS HOLDEN CUP

1. Daniel Roberts
    2. Roman Ioelu
    3. Toa Mata’afa
    4. Toni Tali
    5. Obed Karwhin
    6. Veiru Mapesone
    7. Thomas Bartley
    8. Jakob Giles
    9. Jacob Liddle (capt.)
    10. Taniela Paseka
    11. Esan Marsters
    12. Mark McCormack
    13. Ray Stone

Interchange:
    14. Daniel Peck
    15. Lenny Sauni
    16. Trent Pye
    17. Rhys Sciglitano
    18. Pio Sokobalava

Coach: Willie Peters

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016/08/09/holden_cup_team_anno.html

• Hmm, hopefully the team can continue their resurgence with a win over the Titans. Good to see Sokobalava back, I had wondered where he had gotten to. He’ll add some size off the bench too.

• Oh man Sokobolava! He’s awesome. Paseka going off - sight of relief - on comes Golem.

• Where is Moses Suli and Ryan Paphuzen .
    If injured I wish the club would keep us informed with all injuries

• @macman:

Where is Moses Suli and Ryan Paphuzen .

Papenhuyzen broke his hand a few weeks back. Should be back soon.

No news on Suli over the past 4 months though. Not a word from anyone.

• @macman:

I’m pretty sure I read on Twitter that Pap is expected back next week.

• ForumSupporter

Game is televised Live on Fox ch 501…

• good chance for the guys to move up the ladder. currently coming 6th but have a great F/A, a win could see us move upto as high as 3rd

• Great result for the team tonight with eels going down. Win tomorrow and we’re in 3rd. Won’t finish the round in worse then 5th.

• @Balmain Boy:

@macman:

Papenhuyzen broke his hand a few weeks back. Should be back soon.

No news on Suli over the past 4 months though. Not a word from anyone.

I was hopeful Suli would be back by the finals…perhaps not 😦

• ForumSupporter

Wests Tigers giving the Titans a bath ATM…22-6…15 to go 1st Half…Liddle has it on a string…

It’s also chilly…

• Tigers should be up by 30 with possession and field position but the Titans have scored every time they’ve been near our line so it’s 22-16 instead. Titans good goal line defence and the Tigers halves have been poor on the attack. Most of the Tigers points have come from Liddle hitting hard running big men.

• Wow Tigers blew a chance at the end with a really stupid mistake. The halfback ran in to pack down at lock and Badger blew time off but he swapped out with a forward so she blew time back on and the Titans just stood there until the siren went and she let them. Stupid.

• Liddle was the best, all of our forwards were good, especially Giles, Paseka and McCormack.

• TItans have scored two more straight away after half time and now lead. Something about this Titans side just has the Tigers mentally.

Recent Topics