David Nofoaluma for NSW Origin Jersey

• I want to throw his name into this conversation. He’s been at this level of performance before and it’s easy to say at the surface that he’s an inconsistent player but his young career has been interrupted by injury every season. This is injury free Nofoaluma and in my opinion he’s the best attacking winger in the NRL. His defense needs work but he’s no worse a defender than Josh Mansour, and is a better finisher. He and Mansour are extremely similar levels of player and Mansour is your incumbent Origin winger. If Nofoaluma can get his bomb catches consistent and keep belting blokes in defense he’ll get there sooner rather than later.

• His stats go through the roof when Tedesco plays

• Nobody quote where I was insulting him earlier in the year and saying he sucked please.

• @MacDougall:

Nobody quote where I was insulting him earlier in the year and saying he sucked please.

I don’t think you went that far:

“I am not convinced Nofoaluma himself is a better option than Addo Carr but he hasn’t done anything to be dropped for him either.”

He’ll need to have a strong start to next season to be in contention but yeah, when he’s firing he’s a tackle busting machine.

• Banned

He is a gun. Defensively he is basically ordinary though.

• @stevetiger:

Since when has defence mattered……………?

• I’m not too worried about his defence till he has guys inside him making solid decisions. Alot of the time he gets left high and dry. He does need to work on his hands though. I still hold my breath every time the ball goes his way, especially in the air.

With ball in hand he is up there with the best. If he can maintain his forn he will get a mention.

• Slightly off topic but the progression of Nofo, Simona, Ava and Sue is really pleasing
    Local boys coming up the ranks, great to see !!

• No chance.

• He’s a long way off SOO, but he’s been absolutely immense the last 3-4 games.

• @stevetiger:

Nofo is less of a defensive liability than Ferguson or Jennings.

• @mctiger:

@stevetiger:

Since when has defence mattered……………?

😆 Boom boom

I dont think hed let anyone down at Origin level, just not quite sure hes that level yet

• His game style is highly suited to Origin. Dirty yards being his biggest strength as his is one-on-one defence (absolutely crunches opponents) but needs better reads. Probably doesn’t present an attacking target in the air though which cuts down their try scoring options.

• No.

• Banned

Still think they will play Hayne on the wing next year with Mansour on the other

Teddy
    Hayne
    Dugan
    Jennings
    Mansour
    Moylan
    Maloney

Recent Topics