Liverpool Mayor Ned Mannoun will not seek re-election

• Embattled Liverpool Mayor Ned Mannoun has announced he is quitting politics, just weeks after the New South Wales corruption watchdog raided his Sydney offices. ……
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-09/ned-mannoun-liverpool-mayor-will-not-seek-re-election/7710880

Sounds a bit like his old mate at Auburn.
    I recall a few members here critical of this bloke…does anyone know whats happened with Borsaks allegations against him?

• @innsaneink:

Embattled Liverpool Mayor Ned Mannoun has announced he is quitting politics, just weeks after the New South Wales corruption watchdog raided his Sydney offices. ……
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-09/ned-mannoun-liverpool-mayor-will-not-seek-re-election/7710880

I recall a few members here critical of this bloke…does anyone know whats happened with Borsaks allegations against him?

The perjury? There has not been a hearing but beyond that you’ll have to wait for the media to report on it.

• idk about any corruption charges but liverpool has really transformed with heaps of new projects and completely changing the look of cbd. UoW is coming here too.

hope the next Mayor picks up where this guy left off coz it seemed very positive.

• Banned

@innsaneink:

Embattled Liverpool Mayor Ned Mannoun has announced he is quitting politics, just weeks after the New South Wales corruption watchdog raided his Sydney offices. ……

Who is his old mate at Auburn, Salim? I was around the corner from his wedding was a crazy arvo that day.

• Borsack is as unpleasant as his name sounds. A truly awful person.

• @Yossarian:

Borsack is as unpleasant as his name sounds. A truly awful person.

As someone who regularly votes for the Shooters and Fishers Party, what have you got against him?

• @Yossarian:

Would have copped it deluxe as a kid with a surname like that.

• :rant

@Abraham:

@Yossarian:

As someone who regularly votes for the Shooters and Fishers Party, what have you got against him?

He shoots and kills animals for personal enjoyment. Anyone who gets pleasure from killing an elephant is a poor excuse for a human.

• Oh…. One of those heroes.
    Something very wrong with people like that… Local government seems to attract plenty of low lifes

• @Yossarian:

He shoots and kills animals for personal enjoyment. Anyone who gets pleasure from killing an elephant is a poor excuse for a human.

Oh, is that it?

If that’s his hobby then good luck to him. I get pleasure from shooting kangaroos and feral pigs among other things … hardly a reason to label somebody as an awful person.

There’s probably a lot you need to update yourself on regarding these African safaris, and the impact they have on conservation and local economies. While its not my cup of tea, I wont judge others on their legal hobbies. But you go right ahead.

• Banned

@Abraham:

@Yossarian:

Oh, is that it?

If that’s his hobby then good luck to him. I get pleasure from shooting kangaroos and feral pigs among other things … hardly a reason to label somebody as an awful person.

There’s probably a lot you need to update yourself on regarding these African safaris, and the impact they have on conservation and local economies. While its not my cup of tea, I wont judge others on their legal hobbies. But you go right ahead.

I consider people who shoot animals as gutless. go and face the animal head on like the fellow animal that we are. Native people used to. In the old Gilbertise Islands they would use human divers as bait for octopuses, start a fight with the octopus which then grasps the bait, the guy pulls the rope around his body and they are hauled up. The ocy then cops a nulla nulla on the head or even bitten. I respect that as part of nature and fair game because I imagine sometimes and ocy would win and besides the human was showing bravura in going down there.

• @Yossarian:

It’s every reason to do label someone an awful person. I’m plenty educated and up to date. To suggest these poor excuses for humans are killing animals out of some altruistic purpose is disingenuous at best. As if legality is a defense to engage in that outrage. If that were an acceptable defense we’d still be whaling and participating in the slavery trade. But no doubt you would have been all for that too.

Yes I will go ahead and judge them. People who kill animals for amusement are terrible people with fundamental defects and I include you in that crowd. Your fun, their suffering.

An awful person is someone who murders and rapes … not someone who enjoys hunting animals.

If you’re plenty educated and up to date, then why no mention of the positives associated with this?

African rural communities used to clear bushland at an alarming rate to persue their farming activities. When rich white westerners started coming over to engage in big game safaris, the locals realised they could make a lot more money from this industry then they could farming, so they started closing down their farms and letting the bushland regenerate again in a massive way. This has provided huge conservation benefits and slowed down the rate at which animals were losing their homes.

From an economic viewpoint, these hunters need taxi drivers, your guides, trackers, accommodation, cleaners, cooks, etc. There is an influx of jobs and cash to otherwise extremely poor communities as a result of these guys going on hunting safaris. And whatever animal is killed it given to the locals for meat, which can feed them for weeks.

So there is really no downside to this… Unless you’re an oversensitive toff with no understanding of what they’re talking about. And I include you in that crowd.

• @Abraham:

@Yossarian:

It’s every reason to do label someone an awful person. I’m plenty educated and up to date. To suggest these poor excuses for humans are killing animals out of some altruistic purpose is disingenuous at best. As if legality is a defense to engage in that outrage. If that were an acceptable defense we’d still be whaling and participating in the slavery trade. But no doubt you would have been all for that too.

Yes I will go ahead and judge them. People who kill animals for amusement are terrible people with fundamental defects and I include you in that crowd. Your fun, their suffering.

An awful person is someone who murders and rapes … not someone who enjoys hunting animals.

If you’re plenty educated and up to date, then why no mention of the positives associated with this?

African rural communities used to clear bushland at an alarming rate to persue their farming activities. When rich white westerners started coming over to engage in big game safaris, the locals realised they could make a lot more money from this industry then they could farming, so they started closing down their farms and letting the bushland regenerate again in a massive way. This has provided huge conservation benefits and slowed down the rate at which animals were losing their homes.

From an economic viewpoint, these hunters need taxi drivers, your guides, trackers, accommodation, cleaners, cooks, etc. There is an influx of jobs and cash to otherwise extremely poor communities as a result of these guys going on hunting safaris. And whatever animal is killed it given to the locals for meat, which can feed them for weeks.

So there is really no downside to this… Unless you’re an oversensitive toff with no understanding of what they’re talking about. And I include you in that crowd.

Don’t think too many people have a problem with the hunting or culling of feral animals or pests but would draw the line at elephants, giraffes etc.
    As for Mannoun - have met him once just before he became mayor…. seemed like a guy on the lookout for himself to me.

• @Abraham:

@Yossarian:

I’m sure local villagers can hunt and kill their own animals. There is nothing positive about rich westerners coming over to kill defence less animals. They’re cowards and morons and clearly have some deeper issue that leadd them to take pleasure out of something like that.

I’m not overly sensitive and I’m not a toff. Just someone who doesn’t believe animals should suffer for the amusement of pathetic people like you.

• It’s one thing to shoot a fox or feral cat that keeps getting into your chicken coop or cull a species breeding out of control, it’s another to kill an endangered species for fun, irrespective of what the money does for a community.

Recent Topics