Completely wrapped this year..

• Iam very,very happy with the teams performances over the last few rounds,especially beating the Cowboys who are a great football team…My mind goes back to before pre season and I can still hear the echo’s of the voices on the forum stipulating that we are bottom four at best in 2016…
    This young team has been learning and developing very well during this year and JT as well as the other coaching staff should be congratulated on a fine job…without being negative and our team doesn’t make the 8 for whatever reason,I myself will still be happy for the season that has been tumultuous to say the least,next year this team will be a force to reckon with and Iam a very proud Wests Tigers supporter and member…
    As for Robbie,he has been an asset to this club,but as most things in life,things change as we get older,we can either move on gracefully or otherwise,it doesn’t matter,we still have to move on eventually…

• ForumSupporter

I agree TT…Makes people who went off their chops earlier in the season bagging out the young guys saying they are not NRL standard never live up to the hype look pretty stupid…

We are maturing nicely…

• Positivity - are you sure you are allowed to post positive sentiments on this forum??

😆

• Yep the team is heading in the right direction. Our young guys are maturing nicely.
    I’m very happy with the style of football we have played this year as well.

• What a load of rubbish. Moses isn’t a first grader. Our pack is soft. Our defence is woeful. JT can’t coach.

😉

• Patience doesn’t mean much on this forum. There have been plenty that had given up way to early on especially Moses, Brooks and Noffa.

I think the decision to drop Sironen has its merit, but can’t see how Edwards and Lovett get a start over him.

I’m not convinced in Kevvy’s defence, but his attack still just outweighs replacing him.

Rankin vs Addo Carr. About even imo, so doesn’t bother me too much (wouldn’t mind seeing Hunt given a go at wing though).

Hooker, I think we got it right with Liddle over Cherrington. Wont mention the Farah issue except to say we need another hooker next season, regardless of Ballins availability.

All in all things are looking bright for the future, but we will still need more patience as we are an inexperienced team. I understand the budget is tight, but just hope we can resign ET and get another centre/winger and another hooker.

Even if we dont make the 8, ss long as we are in the fight in all of our remaining games and finish 10th or above, I’m wrapped also. But finals would have me completely wrapped.

• Im so pleased that since the Canberra game the team has had a dig. My pride and enjoyment had come back.

I would be disappointed if we faded without a whimper. We have shown we are better than that, but the players have to keep the effort there consistently, otherwise we are just another team with potential.

For the first time on the weekend I was convinced that we can turn in to a team where structure is more important than personel. This gives me a lot of hope for future seasons.

• … and this is with probably +$1 mil of salary cap sitting in nsw cup. (Farah & Siro)

• They have been building nicely since they got pantsed in Canberra.

Incremental progression week on week. It looks as though they are learning how to win games tough and they’ve seemed to recover the ability to be able to score from anywhere on the field.

• @Balmain Boy:

What a load of rubbish. Moses isn’t a first grader. Our pack is soft. Our defence is woeful. JT can’t coach.

😉

they are the echos I was refering to…. 😊 😊 😊 😊

• @TrueTiger:

@Balmain Boy:

What a load of rubbish. Moses isn’t a first grader. Our pack is soft. Our defence is woeful. JT can’t coach.

😉

Sorry to intrude on the love fest, but at the time , those comments from a lot here( me included ) were absolutely correct , and still may eventually go one way or another
    The Games with one or the other halves missing , certainly show that when one is missing , the other has their best games . They haven’t shown that they play well together.
    As for the " coach", he deserves a share of the credit for getting them to this position,
    But on the other hand, I hope those crowing loudly , are among those who would give him his share of the blame if they don’t continue their form for the last four games,
    His wonky team selections haven’t rebounded on us as yet, but let’s hope ( for the players sake ) that they don’t.

• @The Tooth:

Patience doesn’t mean much on this forum. There have been plenty that had given up way to early on especially Moses, Brooks and Noffa.

I think the decision to drop Sironen has its merit, but can’t see how Edwards and Lovett get a start over him.

I’m not convinced in Kevvy’s defence, but his attack still just outweighs replacing him.

Rankin vs Addo Carr. About even imo, so doesn’t bother me too much (wouldn’t mind seeing Hunt given a go at wing though).

Hooker, I think we got it right with Liddle over Cherrington. Wont mention the Farah issue except to say we need another hooker next season, regardless of Ballins availability.

All in all things are looking bright for the future, but we will still need more patience as we are an inexperienced team. I understand the budget is tight, but just hope we can resign ET and get another centre/winger and another hooker.

Even if we dont make the 8, ss long as we are in the fight in all of our remaining games and finish 10th or above, I’m wrapped also. But finals would have me completely wrapped.

Because they play with heart. At least Lovett does. Siro doesn’t.

• @goldcoast tiger:

@TrueTiger:

@Balmain Boy:

😉

Sorry to intrude on the love fest, but at the time , those comments from a lot here( me included ) were absolutely correct , and still may eventually go one way or another
    The Games with one or the other halves missing , certainly show that when one is missing , the other has their best games . They haven’t shown that they play well together.
    As for the " coach", he deserves a share of the credit for getting them to this position,
    But on the other hand, I hope those crowing loudly , are among those who would give him his share of the blame if they don’t continue their form for the last four games,
    His wonky team selections haven’t rebounded on us as yet, but let’s hope ( for the players sake ) that they don’t.

GCT,I love everything Wests Tigers…even the coach,halves and the front office…

• @TrueTiger:

@goldcoast tiger:

@TrueTiger:

@Balmain Boy:

😉

I’m happy for you TT , not sure what you meant,but I’m still happy for you. :slight_smile:

• @goldcoast tiger:

@TrueTiger:

@goldcoast tiger:

@TrueTiger:

I’m happy for you TT , not sure what you meant,but I’m still happy for you. :slight_smile:

I meant that Iam very happy with the club as a whole this year,especially how well the team is now developing and we are getting great results,not everyone will be happy with some things but I have moved on from the negativity that was always on the forum and looking forward to much greater times ahead…

Recent Topics