We need to sign a goal kicker

Today showed we cannot play finals footy without a goal kicker.

We made 3 from 6 conversions and missed both our field goal attempts. We missed a penalty at the death that would have won us the game. I know GC’s kicking was woeful too and it was windy but the good teams know that when they score they can rely on their kicker to get the extra 2.

It really makes you wonder how many games we won thanks to Patty Richard’s boot.

I don’t care who it is, we need to make signing a goal kicker our number 1 priority this off season. Preferably a winger or center.

If JT can’t see after that game that a goal kicker should be on top of the list of needs for next season then he’s dumber than i thought. I don’t care about the rest of their ability, just sign someone who can kick at 75%+ please!

Agree, kicking way off this year. But Titans also missed their fair share today too.

Who’s that big unit from the Roosters who can kick? He’d be good

I can’t believe Moses had 2 shots from out wide and didn’t compensate for the wind ….

Oh well , there’s always next year !

@Sabre:

If JT can’t see after that game that a goal kicker should be on top of the list of needs for next season then he’s dumber than i thought. I don’t care about the rest of their ability, just sign someone who can kick at 75%+ please!

Jesus Christ mate, “can’t see it after this game” if this idiot coach we have couldn’t recognize we needed a goal kicker after the second round this season (like every fan knew from day 1!!!) this club has a lot more problems then just goal kicking.

Thats the clubs and JTs failings.
We have invested so much in 2 rookie halves good long term players but not deserving of 750k similar to what someone like Maloney who will probably steer Cronulla to a premiership this year that there’s not much left for anyone else.
And Farah who might have kicked a FG in reserves. And yes he kicked one today.

I think you may find that:
Titans scored 4 tries - Don 2, Hoffman, McDonald tries
wests tigers scored three.- Nofoaluma 2, Naiqama tries

sadly if all goals were kicked by both teams, wests tigers still lose 😒

wests tigers do need a goal kicker with over 80 % consistency, and someone else who can kick field goals.

@The Return:

@Sabre:

Jesus Christ mate, “can’t see it after this game” if this idiot coach we have couldn’t recognize we needed a goal kicker after the second round this season (like every fan knew from day 1!!!) this club has a lot more problems then just goal kicking.

Haha, just meant today should be the straw that broke the camel’s back.
No excuse to not have a good goal kicker for 2017 now.

Our goal kicking wouldn’t have mattered if the Titans kicked straight themselves. Still though, the two from out wide were tough. There was no excuse for the penalty kick though. It was kickable and just had to be made. You can’t misd those and expect to make the finals.

Number 1 propriety that we do the utmost in the off season……either that or we sign up d halligan to teach them

I will say it again for the thousand time
No Kicker= No Finals Footy

Jeez would have been good to sign Gordon. Good kicker and great under the high ball.

Does anyone know if we have any good kickers in the lower grades? Besides Farah of course. Maybe we just promote them

The penalty shot was unforgivable.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.