Can't believe we.....

Didn’t make the 8; blame JT etc, or
WE MADE THE SEMIS

Just getting in early so I can edit my post and say I called it.

Bring this thread forward a rd or 2……think we’ll be gone for the season after Penrith game.

I just saw a steamroller tonight. Reminded me of 2005 in a different way.

if we get 2 more wins we can claim we were robbed by parra… :rant

@Kavi:

if we get 2 more wins we can claim we were robbed by parra… :rant

Parra? Moreso Newcastle.

Yes but Parrra were Cheating

@Kavi:

Yes but Parrra were Cheating

I know what you’re saying but the way Parra have played this year we were no certainty of getting the 2 points and it affected every other team that played them (I was actually at that game early in the season and we were ordinary). I am a lot more angry about what happened in the Newcastle game.

Yep. Should of won in Newcastle. I was at the game and it was our lowest point all season (worse even than the Canberra game which I was also at).
Still irks me how Simms got away with kicking that second footy at Rankin.

@TigerWoods:

Yep. Should of won in Newcastle. I was at the game and it was our lowest point all season (worse even than the Canberra game which I was also at).

Korbin Sims is a dog. Ever since then, I’ve seen two balls on the field at least once per weekend of footy. And 100% of the players go out of their way to remove the ball from the field.

Losing 6 in a row killed us, no consistency once we master that we may jag a position in the 8. Thankfully Parra got done for cheating otherwise it would look even worse.

…had Blake Austin and now he’s guided Canberra to a brilliant premiership victory over the Melbourne Storm in a crushing 30 point demolition. 😮

Ok, Ok…I went a few more weeks ahead. Would be quite a story though.

They’re really looking like the '05 Tigers

@Muffstar:

Losing 6 in a row killed us, no consistency once we master that we may jag a position in the 8. Thankfully Parra got done for cheating otherwise it would look even worse.

We’d only be 2 points behind them. Not sure it would make us look any worse.

@TigerWoods:

Without doubt the worst call of the year. It would not be allowed in any other ball game in the world, BUT its the old story, when you are playing the bottom team in the comp that play should never have come into play. Any team with final aspiration should have had a handy buffer against the Knights and a shocker of call would not have come into play.

Great teams find ways to win matches not come up with excuses.

Should never rely on other games for your place in the top 8.

Like Warren Ryan did with Canterbury in the 80’s pick 8 games you will win, 8 games you will lose and 50/50 on the other games insures a final birth.

@supercoach:

@TigerWoods:

Without doubt the worst call of the year. It would not be allowed in any other ball game in the world, BUT its the old story, when you are playing the bottom team in the comp that play should never have come into play. Any team with final aspiration should have had a handy buffer against the Knights and a shocker of call would not have come into play.

Agree on both counts - we should have had enough points in us to win that game regardless. That call was a shocker though. Watching the replay confirms just how ridiculous it was that it was let go by the referees. The second ball nearly hit him!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.