Should Players take civil action

• You play a game like league and the expectations of injury is always there and does happen …but illegal actions that are deemed that way by the governing body which inflict terrible damage ,pain and suffering ,is it time that players seek damages in the civil courts .
    If these actions are deemed illegal by the governing body would not these actions by the player be deemed common assault hence civil action for pain and suffering could be sought .The aggressive behaviour by many to Unprotected halves and fullbacks have become very sickening maybe if the governing body will not stop these illegal actions maybe the courts could! Just because you play this aggressive and contact sport does not mean another player can maime and cause terrible pain and suffering illegally.

• Has happened a couple of times over the years , Brohman vs Boyd was a famous one …
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/darryl-brohman-will-never-forgive-les-boyd-hit-that-ended-origin-career/story-e6freraf-1226665404541

• Are you being serious? lol

• @vlad:

Here’s a few more

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2015/5/five-players-to-have-sued-in-rugby-league/

Well I am behind the times then …so the question remains should they ? If they are not being protected by the governing body.

• @Snake:

@vlad:

Here’s a few more

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2015/5/five-players-to-have-sued-in-rugby-league/

Well I am behind the times then …so the question remains should they ? If they are not being protected by the governing body.

Fair point but I believe it should be left on the field, I’m more disappointed one of our big boys didn’t grab a hold of Ryan James and give him a square up.

• @tigermac88:

@Snake:

@vlad:

Here’s a few more

Fair point but I believe it should be left on the field, I’m more disappointed one of our big boys didn’t grab a hold of Ryan James and give him a square up.

So, “leave it on the field, just make sure that one of our players deals out some punishment”

How? A good solid punch to the jaw? That would be worth about 2 to 3 weeks. So, not only are we down the best fullback in the land, we would be down another player. Good idea.

For an offence like this, the person charged should be out for the same amount of time that Teddy is out. In this case, the season at least.

• Banned

@magpiecol:

@tigermac88:

@Snake:

@vlad:

Here’s a few more

So, “leave it on the field, just make sure that one of our players deals out some punishment”

How? A good solid punch to the jaw? That would be worth about 2 to 3 weeks. So, not only are we down the best fullback in the land, we would be down another player. Good idea.

For an offence like this, the person charged should be out for the same amount of time that Teddy is out. In this case, the season at least.

By that logic then Jordan Mclean should be out of the game for life as it was deemed his tackle was illegal that broke McKinnons neck. For the record i agree, McLean should never be playing the game as he deliberately broke the rules resulting in the demage done to Alex.

• @magpiecol:

@tigermac88:

@Snake:

@vlad:

Here’s a few more

So what’s the alternative col, just let the opposition target Teddys head every week and expect all will be dealt with??? You live in a fantasy land. Why do you think teams have targeted Teddy’s head all year?? It’s because not one of our forwards stands up for our little blokes. When Teddy was being taken off the forward pack should’ve got together and made a pact that the next time James hit the ball up that there was 3 or 4 of them there to meet him.

• I’m still pretty pee’d about the situation like many, but hearing Woods talk after game and now on triple m they’re almost feeling sorry for Ryan James and there being no intent yada yada. Maybe so but the damage and act was done. I do notice we lack aggression when the big teams play us and players that make dog shots like Ryan need to be better handled throughout the game, and i’m not talking running up and punching anyone but we can learn from the more dominant packs.

• After listening to a few commentators today, Im thinking we may see James charged on the lowest end of the scale - if at all.

Lockyer argued Teddy was falling, if you watch it again, james got down nice and low as well…so I cant see this as a defence

James wasnt put on report, he was penalised yesterday for being offside. We wait this arvo to see what the MRC have to say

• @glebe_tiger:

I’m still pretty pee’d about the situation like many, but hearing Woods talk after game and now on triple m they’re almost feeling sorry for Ryan James and there being no intent yada yada. Maybe so but the damage and act was done. I do notice we lack aggression when the big teams play us and players that make dog shots like Ryan need to be better handled throughout the game, and i’m not talking running up and punching anyone but we can learn from the more dominant packs.

That’s the point I was trying to make… as much as I can’t stand Sam Thaiday or Sam Burgess do you think they would’ve reacted the same as our forwards did yesterday if it was one of their team mates belted with a cheap shot?

• I remember McCracken taking the spear tackle to court.
    Not sure if he got anything

• @matchball:

I remember McCracken taking the spear tackle to court.
    Not sure if he got anything

It’s in the link above . Was awarded $97k in court

• At the end of the day whatever James cops isn’t going to bring Teddy back this year …move on …

Recent Topics