Forwards aggression and the Captain

• Well after watching Woods basically making out Ryan James was the victim in the press conference and watching the forwards not respond to there fallen mate after being subjected to a vicious head high smashing his jaw and teeth one wonders what type of mateship exists in this team …I call them a pack of cream puffs and I will keep my opinions of the captain to myself as I come from a different era where men were a bit different in there reaction to this type of incident …great leadership Woods!

• Woods is a powder puff …
    Get a hair cut Woods and show some leadership !

• @Snake:

Well after watching Woods basically making out Ryan James was the victim in the press conference and watching the forwards not respond to there fallen mate after being subjected to a vicious head high smashing his jaw and teeth one wonders what type of mateship exists in this team …I call them a pack of cream puffs and I will keep my opinions of the captain to myself as I come from a different era where men were a bit different in there reaction to this type of incident …great leadership Woods!

Your assessment is right on the money in my opinion.

• ForumSupporter

There seemed plenty of it the week before…

• @Geo.:

There seemed plenty of it the week before…

:deadhorse:

• Banned

If we can’t protect our youngsters we may as well pack up and go home. I am in favour of that old rule how when they caught the ball on the full they were given about 5 yards protection zone before they could be tackled. It would make a world of difference. Robbie did not let them get away with it - he let Watts in that scrum know that he was playing with fire.

• @Byron Bay Fan:

If we can’t protect our youngsters we may as well pack up and go home. I am in favour of that old rule how when they caught the ball on the full they were given about 5 yards protection zone before they could be tackled. It would make a world of difference.

Teddy has been bashed all season had huge head hits what Broken nose /concussion/now this latest attack to his head ,when the team played Souths last time it bordered on assault what they did to Brookes and Moses ,this is happening right through the league to all fullbacks and halves THIS HAS TO STOP .If the NRL do not want what is happening in the US re major litigation they better fix it quickly …as I posted earlier maybe players like Teddy that are now suffering with these horrible injuries caused through these illegal acts do take civil litigation against the perpetrator and this might in fact make the NRL act …this needs to stop!

• The peanut gallery out in force in this thread

• So, when you cannot fault player effort (look at his stats) attack his hair/beard/personality/dog etc. What a bunch of snowflakes we have here 😃
    Woods, Tedesco and Moses are attacked because they do not support our prima donna :crazy
    Alegedly everyone was against our ‘boys club’, but when something was done about it, hypocrites cry foul, go figure. :bash

• I think you said it best when you said your from a different era Snake.

The game has moved on from square ups like your insinuating.

If Woods went after him and copped a couple of weeks on the sideline that could also be seen as poor leadership.

I understand what your saying but really Woods is just following the coaches instructions. If we had Tommy as coach well then maybe things would be different. However those days are gone.

• @larrycorowa:

The peanut gallery out in force in this thread

It is now you’ve joined in

• @InBenjiWeTrust:

So, when you cannot fault player effort (look at his stats) attack his hair/beard/personality/dog etc. What a bunch of snowflakes we have here 😃
    Woods, Tedesco and Moses are attacked because they do not support our prima donna :crazy
    Alegedly everyone was against our ‘boys club’, but when something was done about it, hypocrites cry foul, go figure. :bash

This makes no sense :crazy

• Gee I’d hate to play a team sport with some of you guys who think that our forwards shouldn’t have bashed James every time he touched the ball in that last 20 minutes.

• @Eddie:

I think you said it best when you said your from a different era Snake.

The game has moved on from square ups like your insinuating.

If Woods went after him and copped a couple of weeks on the sideline that could also be seen as poor leadership.

I understand what your saying but really Woods is just following the coaches instructions. If we had Tommy as coach well then maybe things would be different. However those days are gone.

I never said anything about illegal sq ups , but the intensity could of been ramped up and some pain could of been administered in respect of there mate lead by there captain …and the comments made by Woods well as I said before I make no comment ,his words said it all! As I said the forwards are powder puffs!

• There wasn’t much in the tackle.

Woods was enormous yesterday. When he came back on he got us back in the game.

Recent Topics