3 kicks that changed our Season

Well our season is almost over and no matter what happens over the next few weeks what changed our season is 3 kicks.

1. R7. Tigers v Storm - We missed 3 field goals and 2 conversions any of which would have won us the game and given us 2 points

2. R21. Tigers v Titans - We missed 3 goals including 1 that bounced off the posts and also 3 attempts at FG any of which would have again won us the game and the 2 points.

3. R6. Tigers v Knights- This is the most annoying kick for mine it is that we lost this game thanks to Tariq Sims deliberately kicking a 2nd ball on the field at Rankin leading to an error and a Knights try in a match they won by 2 points though we did also miss a goal in this match.

Those 3 games have a kick go the other way and we are fighting for a top 4 spot instead of struggling for a top 8 spot.

Now the exciting thing for me is that for the first time since 2011 we are fighting for a top 8 spot but I think we will just miss out and even 1 of these kicks over the 3 games will probably have been the difference. It really is amazing how a full season of football can come down to 3 little kicks of the ball

Every team has their sob stories.

Bottom line is we need to be better to overcome these things.

Taylor has said this several times and I agree with him.

I agree with Eddie and JT these are trivial things that could easily be overcome. How about we simply won 2 more games because we are a good footy team.

What made the Tariq Sims kick even worse was the commentators finding it hilarious.

Its amazing that if that field goal goes over the forum would be praising a miracle comeback win after losing Tedesco, emotions would be high as we’d be in the 8. Sadly it didn’t go over yet the general consensus is we are no chance against Penrith.

• i
    \

@GNR4LIFE:

Its amazing that if that field goal goes over the forum would be praising a miracle comeback win after losing Tedesco, emotions would be high as we’d be in the 8. Sadly it didn’t go over yet the general consensus is we are no chance against Penrith.

Probably true GNR just that now the pressure is on to win this one or its season pretty much over - and losing Teddy makes it that much harder. Setting ourselves up to handle the diappontment but hoping we lift to pull off an upset.

@GNR4LIFE:

What made the Tariq Sims kick even worse was the commentators finding it hilarious.

The Fox boys were blowing up about it.
The chanel 9 crew thought it was a great sneaky play.

Pretty much identified the level of maturity and professionalism between the two.

Still seething about the Korbin Sims kick, you’ll never hear me whinge too much about dodgy ref decisions and the like as they’re only human, but that was outright cheatery by Sims.

That’s Sims decision would have to be one of the worst in the NRL this season. Baffling

@TigerWoods:

That’s Sims decision would have to be one of the worst in the NRL this season. Baffling

The normal procedure for 2 balls on the field is for the refs to blow time off until one of them is removed, the bizarre part of this fiasco was the the ball wasn’t an Official Steeden, it was a fans ball that sneakily found it’s way onto the ground before Sims made ‘accidental’ contact with it.
IMO the refs should have ordered a scrum from the point where Sims made contact with it, hindsight’s a wonderful but the Knights would probably have scored from the ‘scrum’ anyway.

@GoldXR50Leroy:

@TigerWoods:

The normal procedure for 2 balls on the field is for the refs to blow time off until one of them is removed, the bizarre part of this fiasco was the the ball wasn’t an Official Steeden, it was a fans ball that sneakily found it’s way onto the ground before Sims made ‘accidental’ contact with it.
IMO the refs should have ordered a scrum from the point where Sims made contact with it, hindsight’s a wonderful but the Knights would probably have scored from the ‘scrum’ anyway.

I agree with this. The second ball always stops play. Even when it is not a factor in the play. I was ok with it at the time because i was angry at the Tigers for losing, but a disgusting call in hindsight.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.