Hunt re-signs for one

• Fox have reported that Justin Hunt has also re-signed with the club for another year.

Handy, cheap backup and a good bloke

• Hopefully a second tier contract. Really want some speed on that vacant wing spot. Im fine with our current 1-4 but Rankin needs to be replaced, Carr would have been perfect unfortunatley.

• @Milky:

Hopefully a second tier contract. Really want some speed on that vacant wing spot. Im fine with our current 1-4 but Rankin needs to be replaced, Carr would have been perfect unfortunatley.

Yeah we really shouldn’t be heading into another season with Rankin as the second winger, it’s not good for the team and it’s not particularly fair on him because he’s never going to play to his best there. Hunt is a good depth player and hasn’t looked out of place when he’s had a shot at first grade.

Not sure who we should target as our second winger. Carlin Anderson looks decent, I think he’d be preferable to Hunt or Rankin, or maybe Gagan from the Sharks (although he’s had a rough trot with injuries).

• @Nelson:

@Milky:

Hopefully a second tier contract. Really want some speed on that vacant wing spot. Im fine with our current 1-4 but Rankin needs to be replaced, Carr would have been perfect unfortunatley.

Yeah we really shouldn’t be heading into another season with Rankin as the second winger, it’s not good for the team and it’s not particularly fair on him because he’s never going to play to his best there. Hunt is a good depth player and hasn’t looked out of place when he’s had a shot at first grade.

Not sure who we should target as our second winger. Carlin Anderson looks decent, I think he’d be preferable to Hunt or Rankin, or maybe Gagan from the Sharks (although he’s had a rough trot with injuries).

Maybe Idris

2. Nofa
    3. Naiqama
    4. Idris
    5. Simona

• Hunt has performed well in the lower grades so it’s a good depth signing.

• @willow:

Hunt has performed well in the lower grades so it’s a good depth signing.

X2 - can cover a number of positions.

• @Milky:

Hunts’ no slouch…

• Very happy to hear Justin’s time with us has been extended. I’ve seen a few Intrust games this year and this bloke generally seems to go pretty well. Very versatile at both fullback and half and an excellent goal kicker into the bargain; perhaps the best in the club right now. Congratulations mate, well deserved!

• Saying he is a second Tier signing is pretty much useless ,as he really has no chance of playing in the top grade due to cap resritions…as this year JAC and Liddle have not been able to play so I find it waste of effort really.

• well to my surprise he didnt get the FB spot for the next game
    Jac in
    Hunt in and Rankin to DH Fill in

Back on topic, not bad news

• More re signings announced soon

• Good depth signing but as peeps have already mentioned, we need a good winger for next season. Pity, Mick Gordon would have been a perfect stop gap filler, and he can kick goals too.

Hopefully we do a bit of wheeling and dealing on the transfer market this offseason.

• @Nelson:

@Milky:

Winger Aussie schoolboy Charlie Taylor tons of speed, mid season signing with us. Playing Cup. The club keen at bringing him through for firsts. More to come… Hearing some players being moved on during the off season

• @mustafa:

@Nelson:

@Milky:

Winger Aussie schoolboy Charlie Taylor tons of speed, mid season signing with us, with the club looking at first grade. Playing in our Intrust Super Premiership Cup. He apparently has kicked goals in the past. More news soon. The club is doing some re signings and also moving some players on

Please expand

• Banned

Congratulations Justin. I sure hope you don’t have to spend 2017 languishing in reserve grade, landing 7/7 each week, while the first grade team keep losing matches because of inept goal kicking.

Recent Topics