Can we trust this team and coach going forward?

• Everyone says this season has been a vast improvement. 7 wins to 10 so its not a bad shout.

Most people think we are well on track for a Top 8 berth next year. That we just have turn up next year because we are building so well under this coach.

The last couple of months we have seen some good, solid performances.

However how can you trust them going forward when they serve this up with the season on the line? This was our most important game all year. The performance has been disgraceful. No energy, no commitment. Blokes standing on the try line not moving up. Just has to be some disconnect between the players and coach when this happens with everything to play for?

Any team that has speed, power and offloads the balls (Canberra, Penrith, Dogs) seem to find it way to easy to put a score on us. To simply not turn up is a really bad sign and something I thought we would have got out of our system by now.

While people will no doubt accuse me of over reacting to 1 loss, games are weighted considering their importance. This game we had everything to play for, yet we have have just not been motivated. Maybe they hit the wall last week after a decent run of form.

To me when you get flogged when you have so much to play for mean everyone is not buying into JT’s vision as so many have claimed.

• Banned

I really don’t know Eddie. It’s the same crap year in, year out with WT. They really don’t know how to be a consistently good team throughout a whole season. God even the year we won the comp we were pretty abysmal for most of it!

I would love to know what it would be like to follow a team that was consistently good for the majority of seasons. Imagine being a Broncos, Storm or Bulldogs fan - you just know that your team is gonna put in most weeks and be there when it counts 95% of the time. Us? Rarely, if ever. I can’t deal with the disappointment of this mob any more. It’s just too demoralizing!

• While ever we keep on playing at crap holes like leichhardt and cambo we’ll never have the money to compete with the top sides Eddie.
    But that’s the blueprint your happy with so suck it up.

• You don’t smash the premiers if you’re not on the same page as the coach. Tonight has been extremely disappointing though. I expected much better.

• Gallagher that is the most limp reply of all time.

Talking about our home grounds as a reason were playing like garbage at Penrith.

Cmon mate surely you got something better than that for me 😆

• We have over achieved this year however for me it’s because of the vast improvement of Moses and Tedesco.
    I don’t think Taylor has done that bad of a job however, We need some more class. Rankin, Lovett, Edwards, JAC have to be replaced by seasoned first graders.
    If WT can get a Cleary, Hassler, Macguire, Belkamy etc then change the coach. I’d stick with Taylor over a rookie or unproven commodity.

• Eddies had this ready to go for four weeks… Predictable… Weve missed your short stories after a loss

• You don’t think my question is fair ink?? How about debate what is in my post rather then do your usual and play the man?

• Just has to be some disconnect between the players and coach when this happens with everything to play for?

does it? they’ve managed alright “connecting” over the last few weeks.

The disappointment of losing to the Titans, maybe the guys are flat after what happened to Teddy, they are still a young side and consistency was always going to be an issue? The Panthers just simply on fire? This loss would be a combination of a few things rather than “oh it’s the coach”.

Do I think JT is the right coach for us? no not really, have we moved forward though? there’s certainly been glimpses of moving forward throughout the year.

He’ll probably be the coach next year, can’t see them getting or being able to afford anyone potentially better.

• @TYGA:

We have over achieved this year however for me it’s because of the vast improvement of Moses and Tedesco.
    I don’t think Taylor has done that bad of a job however, We need some more class. Rankin, Lovett, Edwards, JAC have to be replaced by seasoned first graders.
    If WT can get a Cleary, Hassler, Macguire, Belkamy etc then change the coach. I’d stick with Taylor over a rookie or unproven commodity.

I think Taylor deserves 1 more season I just said it’s hard to trust them going forward.

Yet certain people quickly got their knickers in a knot about it talking about me, about home grounds and about any other deflection they could come up with!! 😆

• @innsaneink:

Eddies had this ready to go for four weeks… Predictable… Weve missed your short stories after a loss

The team is good, the coach is not. Taylor has to go. He should have had the team up for this game

• Banned

Sacking the coach isn’t the answer. Why do people want to set us back even further by doing this?
    Then you want him replaced with someone else who is also questionable as a coach.
    I might come off as a Taylor defender but he is mediocre at best but sacking him will just drive us further into abyss and will probably have our talent poached in the process.

• Taylor deserves another year. Although he has done no better then Potter.

However people unsurprisingly have missed my point!

My question was more around can you trust them next year if this is what they serve up in such an important game.

Got their blinkers on.

• Accepting JT as coach is accepting losing. He went all-in with Farah and failed miserably. I don’t think you could look too much into the Cowboys game. We played our best game this season and they played their worst and it took us 80 to win.

• Lucky that Parra lost their points

Recent Topics