Two centres and two forwards

• That’s all we need to become a force …and before somebody talks up Simona …he just isn’t a first grade centre ,maybe a winger ,but not a centre …rankin needs another sport …simply not a first grader …all in all if we use the money we save on Farah and spend it right we will be a force …

• Two 2nd rowers like Gillet and Jackson, and move Simona to the wing.

• I dont know…. I see it a bit differently.

We have a bigger predicament in our utility selection. It is why Rankin is getting park time, and while the idea of a starting backline utility is sound as it allows a bigger bench, I think a second rower who has enough quality to seemlessly slip into the centres is a massive priority.

Then it breaks down to another pig, and a real winger.

The pig I see growing one out in JJ, i think the slow build up this year will pay dividends…

A utility upgrade is really where its at for us.

• There won’t be any significant signings for next yr so i wouldn’t get my hopes up.

• @1/4 chicken:

That’s all we need to become a force …and before somebody talks up Simona …he just isn’t a first grade centre ,maybe a winger ,but not a centre …rankin needs another sport …simply not a first grader …all in all if we use the money we save on Farah and spend it right we will be a force …

Problem is I can’t see us saving much money on Farah. If you look at our forwards none of them are attacking forwards. They aren’t barnstorming runners, they aren’t big off loaders and they aren’t aggressive. Yes, they are solid but the skill level is lacking. I can’t see us having too much money to get any quality first graders so we need to be trying to sign under 20’s players who can step up or try and lure an Englishman to come over. I really don’t know what we can do with the centre position but what we have isn’t working.

• we only need
    2 centres
    1 winger
    1 halfback
    2 second rowers
    2 props
    1 hooker
    to have a chance at finals next year…
    so realisticly we will play finals next in 2021

• The Tigers are not that far away just need a few first graders injected into the team so we don’t see the likes of Rankin, JLJ, Lovett in first grade unless we have an injury crisis.

Sign Richie Kennar (Storm) to play left wing if JAC can’t be retained.
    Sign Kurt Baptiste (Canberra)to start at hooker Liddle off the bench.
    Sign Abraham Papalli (Roosters) and Tanginoa (Eels) and get rid of Lovett and Sirro.

• i dont understand why rod griffin was never given a chance. why chee kam is re-signed and not given a proper go. Why sirro is not given another chance after his long stint in reserve grade.

• Our edge forwards are probably the worst in the competition - that’s our main weakness.

• @ricksen:

Our edge forwards are probably the worst in the competition - that’s our main weakness.

Deadset Lawrence played like a great grandmother out there tonight against Penriff

• He didn’t look comfortable at all. I don’t think he was fit

• Banned

Defence is the key and we can’t defend for Sh!t

• @Winnipeg:

@ricksen:

Our edge forwards are probably the worst in the competition - that’s our main weakness.

Deadset Lawrence played like a great grandmother out there tonight against Penriff

I hate to say it, but he was terrible,
    I hope it was a one off, but the injuries he’s had may be starting to kick in.

• Banned

One gun winger to replace Rankin. Maybe another forward who can really belt it up but I think one gun winger would make a difference.

Our edge forwards are also a concern but they haven’t been that bad all season.

• Teddy is far and away our best player so it was good to get a handle on the rest of them against a good side without him. A good centre, a quality utility and a good edge runner would be handy. Oh and one of them needs to be a reliable goal kicker!

Recent Topics