Titans top 25

• Wondering how this top 25 garbage works, how is it that we are unable to promote Liddle or any of our other young players from the lower grades due to them not being in our top 25? Yet surely the Titans had nominated their top 25 before the start of the season but are able to bring Hayne, Hurrell and Peats straight into their starting 17?
    NFI how this ridiculous system works……

• Banned

Simple answer FTB - different rules for different teams. The NRL is not a fair comp by a long shot!

• Hayne’s salary probably wouldn’t even come into the salary cap .
    It probably comes under some sort of BS trainee scheme ?!

• Banned

@hobbo2803:

Hayne’s salary probably wouldn’t even come into the salary cap .

He is on a learning contract.

• @stevetiger:

@hobbo2803:

He just got KO’d and taken from the field vs Knights. The highlight of what has been a very bleak week of RL for me. He finally got that yappy mouth shut.

• Banned

@Fade To Black:

@stevetiger:

@hobbo2803:

He just got KO’d and taken from the field vs Knights. The highlight of what has been a very bleak week of RL for me. He finally got that yappy mouth shut.

I haven’t see it. I hope he was talking about how it’s his house or some other dribble.

He is a tool.

• Got his inflated head in the wrong spot trying to tackle Saifiti and got mashed. I’d reckon his teammates would appreciate the peace and quiet for a few hours this afternoon.
    Hope Titans make semis and get annihilated.

• @Fade To Black:

Got his inflated head in the wrong spot trying to tackle Saifiti and got mashed. I’d reckon his teammates would appreciate the peace and quiet for a few hours this afternoon.

It was his dream to have a SCAT test 😆

• @hobbo2803:

@Fade To Black:

Got his inflated head in the wrong spot trying to tackle Saifiti and got mashed. I’d reckon his teammates would appreciate the peace and quiet for a few hours this afternoon.

It was his dream to have a SCAT test 😆

:roll Nice work!

• @Fade To Black:

I hope they lose both games before the semis and miss out altogether.

• @GNR4LIFE:

@Fade To Black:

I hope they lose both games before the semis and miss out altogether.

Well yeah, that would be the best thing that could happen.
    The NRL have shown their hand re the Titans this season-there is no way in hell the refs will allow them to get beaten in both their remaining games. The NRL have invested too much into the Titan fairytale this season to let it fizzle out before the semis. Games can be be manipulated very easily by the refs as we have seen on plenty of occasions- the refs basically gifted the Titans a dream start to last weeks match vs Newcastle with some one-sided calls which gave them a huge leg-up.

• I think it has something to with the fact that the NRL are desperately trying to get more people following NRL on the Gold Coast. There was previous club in the Gold Coast that didn’t kick on and the NRL wouldn’t want to re-occur.

• Thats pretty much it in a nutshell Newtown. Would be very interesting to hear the real truth about how much “war chest” money was handed to Hayne on the sly to get him to the Gold Coast? It all happened very last-minute so that seems suss IMO.
    Hope the whole “experiment” blows up in their faces.

• The Titans were just about the only club who had the room to buy Farah when the crap fight started, I remember something about them not using all their cap at that time
    Their cost for Hayne for the remainder of this year, is not a massive amount, as he will have only paid a handful of games.

They have already said that players will be leaving next year , so they’ll have the money for Haynes longer contract then.
    The NRL leadership couldn’t run a fish and chip shop , but the conspiracy theories are nothing but an extension of the paranoia about Ref’s here.
    Everyone’s out to dud us . It’s never our fault
    I would think that the NRL would also like to see a better and more successful team in the South West ,as well as on the Coast, but they never used any influence on this club to make sure of that result. as far as we know the war chest has been dropped, unless someone has concrete evidence that refutes that.

My opinion is that the NRL SHOULD be giving the lower clubs more assistance( remember the Gold Coast were looking to be with us at the bottom of the comp .). most people didn’t think that their players were much good,but they’ve done extremely well with a team that no one rated. ( and most of that was before Jarryd joined them )
    But it’s easier to blame a conspiracy , rather than see that they’ve just played well.
    From memory , I can remember that a few were counting the two points before we played them in rnd 3, , but it was a wake up call instead.

• Your argument all sounds very nice in theory goldcoasttiger. You say Hayne wouldn’t be on much this year- wasn’t there a figure of $400 000 or so being nominated as his salary for this season? Something close to that figure was mentioned in the Hayne thread from memory. What did you think he was playing for $10 000 or something?
    The conspiracy theories around the Titans centre around the Ryan James outright debacle and the fact that they have been able to add Hayne, Hurrell and Peats to their squad midseason- how much money did they have left under the cap this season? Cos those 3 players would not have been cheap.
    And how are those 3 players classified as being in their Top 25, yet we can’t even promote Liddle or Felise to the top grade because they are outside our Top 25? If someone could explain that one fact to me it may go a long way to extinguishing the conspiracy theory surrounding that issue.
    Do you have the answer to that one goldcoasttiger?
    Nobody is disputing the fact that the Titans have overachieved with the roster they initially started 2016 with but the last few months have started to smell a little bit fishy around their club and the NRL’s vested interest in them.

Recent Topics