Jason Taylor: "Disappointed..."

Disappointed….

• We have $1.5million dollars of talent wasted in reserves (Sironen, Cherrington, Farah)
  • The players Taylor selects on the bench offer no impact (Edwards, Lovett)
  • Our tactics seem to be to score points at the start and at the end of the game when the best team is on and hang on for dear life for the rest of the time.
  • That the Panthers have bench players that provide better impact than ours, one of which we let go and are still subsidising his wages (Akoala)
  • That our coach relies too much on kids that are still maturing to produce under pressure
  • That we persist with a makeshift dummy half when there are 2 languishing in reserve grade
  • That we were the only team this year to lose to the Knights
  • That we will miss the 8 again.
  • That all the coaching staff have been turned over and continue to turn over and yet, same same every year.

Disappointed alright.

@dimitri:

Disappointed….

• We have $1.5million dollars of talent wasted in reserves (Sironen, Cherrington, Farah)
  • The players Taylor selects on the bench offer no impact (Edwards, Lovett)
  • Our tactics seem to be to score points at the start and at the end of the game when the best team is on and hang on for dear life for the rest of the time.
  • That the Panthers have bench players that provide better impact than ours, one of which we let go and are still subsidising his wages (Akoala)
  • That our coach relies too much on kids that are still maturing to produce under pressure
  • That we persist with a makeshift dummy half when there are 2 languishing in reserve grade
  • That we were the only team this year to lose to the Knights
  • That we will miss the 8 again.
  • That all the coaching staff have been turned over and continue to turn over and yet, same same every year.

Disappointed alright.

Not all coaching staff have turned over……yet.

Me too, Jason, me too, but I can’t do anything about it - only you and the players can change that.

Just remember it’s not about the result.

Disappointed about last night, but overall, I thought we had a pretty good year.

Competitive in most matches, flogged in one, and with a few things to go our way, the top eight was there for the taking.

As for the boys is reserve grade, Sironen is playing like a busted and no way should he be in first grade. Cherrington is in the same boat. As for Farah, now that the season is over, perhaps Taylor should let him play the last two games. This way the Farah fan club will be happy and the team goes into next year on a positive note. Farah to Souths also on a positive note. Win, win.

@magpiecol:

Disappointed about last night, but overall, I thought we had a pretty good year.

Competitive in most matches, flogged in one, and with a few things to go our way, the top eight was there for the taking.

As for the boys is reserve grade, Sironen is playing like a busted and no way should he be in first grade. Cherrington is in the same boat. As for Farah, now that the season is over, perhaps Taylor should let him play the last two games. This way the Farah fan club will be happy and the team goes into next year on a positive note. Farah to Souths also on a positive note. Win, win.

Taylor’s made his bed … The season is over .
He’s failed again .
Taylor should’ve played Farah for the last month.
No point in shutting the gate when the horse has already bolted .
If I were Farah and Taylor picked me to play in firsts next week I’d tell him to shove it !

@hobbo2803:

@magpiecol:

He’s failed again .
If I were Farah and Taylor picked me to play in firsts next week I’d tell him to shove it !

I can understand your sentiment but that rejection could result in RF breaking his contract and he loses all leverage and probably cash.

@upthetigers:

Just remember it’s not about the result.

and he was also saying all year we have to play tough
saw none of that last night

we were softer than margarine … Butter can be harder at times but last night both harder than our team

Im sure Taylor will some how in his own words make it sound like it was acceptable

@Love the WestsTigers:

Im sure Taylor will some how in his own words make it sound like it was acceptable

You haven’t seen Taylor’s comments about the performance from last night?

@Gary Bakerloo:

@Love the WestsTigers:

You haven’t seen Taylor’s comments about the performance from last night?

Whats gonna change mate ?
I can and eventually will when i have calmed down
i dont wanna watch the tight lipped toss pot giving death stares just yet.
Im still too angry watching their efforts from last night

A must win game and we fail to turn up …

@Byron Bay Fan:

@hobbo2803:

@magpiecol:

He’s failed again .

I can understand your sentiment but that rejection could result in RF breaking his contract and he loses all leverage and probably cash.

Fake an injury then …

Fair enough, pretty much all fans are angry and disappointed.

He was pretty frank is his assessment of the performance, he didn’t sugar coat it. The only positive thing he said was try saving tackle by Nofoaluma and Rankin towards the end of the match. Woods agreed with Taylor.

@hobbo2803:

@Byron Bay Fan:

@hobbo2803:

@magpiecol:

He’s failed again .

Fake an injury then …

Hasn’t trained all week with State Cup…Calf acting up…

@Geo.:

@hobbo2803:

@Byron Bay Fan:

@hobbo2803:

He’s failed again .

Fake an injury then …

Hasn’t trained all week with State Cup…Calf acting up…

Sweet !
Wouldn’t want to give Taylor the satisfaction .

@Gary Bakerloo:

Fair enough, pretty much all fans are angry and disappointed.

He was pretty frank is his assessment of the performance, he didn’t sugar coat it. The only positive thing he said was try saving tackle by Nofoaluma and Rankin towards the end of the match. Woods agreed with Taylor.

A coach who can’t motivate his team to play even at a respectable level in a game of great importance fails miserably. The coach failed the ultimate test under pressure and there is no way around it he has to be sacked.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.