Answer these Questions:

• I think the team has over achieved on everyone’s expectations this year. Being half a chance at the 8 when no one realistically expected has made it harder to deal with.

If you ask the following questions rationally and factually, I think you will come to the same answers. Some questions you can expand upon, but you could go on forever, so Ive condensed.

Could they have gone even better with a good coach? - Yeah, maybe.
    Could they have gone better with Farah playing? - Yeah, maybe.
    Did Jason Taylor walk in with the club at its lowest point in its existence? Yes.
    Did Jason Taylor walk in with back-ended contracts and overpaid youngsters from a previously crap board and CEO? Yes.
    Does Robbie Farah, based on his talent and skills deserve to play first grade? Absolutely.
    Does Robbie Farah divide the club/team? Only insiders would truly know.
    Does Robbie Farah deserve to be treated with respect and be paid? Definitely.
    Did/Does Robbie Farah and his manager play the media against the club for his own benefit? Absolutely.
    Would Jason Taylor be a better coach if he didn’t walk into the mess of a club? Yeah, maybe.
    Has Jason Taylor handled some aspects of his coaching poorly? Absolutely.
    Has Jason Taylor handled all aspects of his coaching poorly? No
    If Farah left tomorrow, would all problems be solved? No
    If Jason Taylor left tomorrow, would all problems be solved? No
    If they both left tomorrow, would all problems be solved? No
    If any of the above happened, would the club be better financially? No.
    If the coach was sacked tomorrow, would other potential coaches be scared off? Yeah, maybe.
    If the coach was sacked tomorrow, what other potential coaches are available that have a good track record? Arguably Cleary, Arguably Toovey. There are no known big time guarantee coaches available.

These are all questions I have asked myself. Is there a good answer that would improve the status of each of those questions? Very simply, No. They are all intertwined and were certainly not caused by Taylor or Farah individually. It’s like a tangled piece of fishing line. You can cut it and then ditch it. You can cut it in pieces and then get rid of the tangle, or you can be patient and take time and get it untangled.

• @Swordy:

I think the team has over achieved on everyone’s expectations this year. Being half a chance at the 8 when no one realistically expected has made it harder to deal with.

If you ask the following questions rationally and factually, I think you will come to the same answers. Some questions you can expand upon, but you could go on forever, so Ive condensed.

Could hey have gone even better with a good coach? - Yeah, maybe.
    Could hey have gone better with Farah playing? - Yeah, maybe.
    Did Jason Taylor walk in with the club at its lowest point in its existence? Yes.
    Did Jason Taylor walk in with back-ended contracts and overpaid youngsters from a previously crap board and CEO? Yes.
    Does Robbie Farah, based on his talent and skills deserve to play first grade? Absolutely.
    Does Robbie Farah divide the club/team? Only insiders would truly know.
    Does Robbie Farah deserve to be treated with respect and be paid? Definitely.
    Did/Does Robbie Farah and his manager play the media against the club for his own benefit? Absolutely.
    Would Jason Taylor be a better coach if he didn’t walk into the mess of a club? Yeah, maybe.
    Has Jason Taylor handled some aspects of his coaching poorly? Absolutely.
    Has Jason Taylor handled all aspects of his coaching poorly? No
    If Farah left tomorrow, would all problems be solved? No
    If Jason Taylor left tomorrow, would all problems be solved? No
    If they both left tomorrow, would all problems be solved? No
    If any of the above happened, would the club be better financially? No.
    If the coach was sacked tomorrow, would other potential coaches be scared off? Yeah, maybe.
    If the coach was sacked tomorrow, what other potential coaches are available that have a good track record? Arguably Cleary, Arguably Toovey. There are no known big time guarantee coaches available.

These are all questions I have asked myself. Is there a good answer that would improve the status of each of those questions? Very simply, No. They are all intertwined and were certainly not caused by Taylor or Farah individually. It’s like a tangled piece of fishing line. You can cut it and then ditch it. You can cut it in pieces and then get rid of the tangle, or you can be patient and take time and get it untangled.

Well said Swordy. As you have said in this post there are many reasons why things went as they did for us this season. It was not just one aspect.
    I think JT has had a reasonable season under very difficult circumstances.
    I think he needs at least another season to see if things can be improved. I hope so 🙏

• Pretty fair summation Swordy. All pretty reasonable answers. Agree or disagree with Taylor’s methods, sacking him runs the risk of other coaches thinking they’d have to toe the line at our club. While his sacking would be a short term win for some, long term you could get coaches too scared to make the big calls.

On Cleary and Toovey, I think that’s people clutching. As good as these two supposedly are, there aren’t many clubs knocking their doors down. And don’t get me wrong I like Cleary, but he gets talked up more on here than Christians talk up Jesus Christ.

• @GNR4LIFE:

Pretty fair summation Swordy. All pretty reasonable answers. Agree or disagree with Taylor’s methods, sacking him runs the risk of other coaches thinking they’d have to toe the line at our club. While his sacking would be a short term win for some, long term you could get coaches too scared to make the big calls.

On Cleary and Toovey, I think that’s people clutching. As good as these two supposedly are, there aren’t many clubs knocking their doors down. And don’t get me wrong I like Cleary, but he gets talked up more on here than Christians talk up Jesus Christ.

I agree fully! If Cleary and Toovey are such good coaches, how come they were removed from their last jobs and how come there does not appear to be a rush to take them on?

• @GNR4LIFE:

Pretty fair summation Swordy. All pretty reasonable answers. Agree or disagree with Taylor’s methods, sacking him runs the risk of other coaches thinking they’d have to toe the line at our club. While his sacking would be a short term win for some, long term you could get coaches too scared to make the big calls.

What it might tell coaches is that we don’t accept losing and want to be winners - or you’re out the door.
    Every coach knows this when they take on the job - except, it seems, at our club - where mediocrity is still king.

• @cktiger:

@GNR4LIFE:

What it might tell coaches is that we don’t accept losing and want to be winners - or you’re out the door.
    Every coach knows this when they take on the job - except, it seems, at our club - where mediocrity is still king.

So we’ll just sack the next coach too if he doesn’t make the 8 as well? Maybe then it might sink in that the issues would be deeper than the coaching.

Recent Topics