Although our season is done...

• Although our season appears to be over, the amount of positives to come out of this season far outweighs those of previous years.

• We have reached more members this season than ever before
    • The club finally appears to be in a good position with Pascoe in charge
    • Next year we are in a good position to make some good signings
    • Moses and Tedesco have made their jerseys theres for the years to come
    • Liddle has come onto the scene and didn’t look out of place
    • Nofoaluama has gotten back to this usual self
    • Our forwards have really started to kick on, Woods, Ava, Sue, Aloiai look great
    • Paseka and Marsters committing to the club

The list goes on, yes we may have not made the finals this year but you can just taste the success that this club will be blessed with in the coming years.

Good on all you mighty Tigers supporters.

• @Milky:

Although our season appears to be over, the amount of positives to come out of this season far outweighs those of previous years.

• Our forwards have really started to kick on, Woods, Ava, Sue, Aloiai look great

The list goes on, yes we may have *not made the finals this year but you can just taste the success that this club will be blessed with in the coming years.

Ahh next year…it’s always next year…When you get to my age milky you don’t wish your life away because next year MAYBE better. (Not aimed at you Milky - but this club always has always been telling us how next year is going to be better).

• When you get to my age, next year comes around as quick as next week used to

Lots of positives….All I want improved is the defence

• @Milky:

Although our season appears to be over, the amount of positives to come out of this season far outweighs those of previous years.

The list goes on, yes we may have not made the finals this year but you can just taste the success that this club will be blessed with in the coming years.

Good post Milky. A lot of posters would not agree, but I am with you a 100%. We only needed a couple of golden point games go our way, a couple of goals go over and a couple of fifty fifty calls and we would have been well and truely in the eight,but in a way it is a good thing because we have hit the wall as far as 2016 goes and would only be making up the numbers.

• The major positive is the front office at last seems professional and moving in the right direction with good people at the helm.
    There are a lot of positives moving forward but it will be another season or two before the real success starts …salary cap in order…the best players signed up …new recruitment of top level players underway,yes there is always next season but at long last there is light at the end of the tunnel.

• @innsaneink:

When you get to my age, next year comes around as quick as next week used to

Lots of positives….All I want improved is the defence

Can I add to that, a goal kicker with over 80 % success rate. 🙏
    Both of these would greatly enhance wests tigers chances of finishing in the top 8.

• When does warren mcdonnell’s contract expire ? He has been recruiting rubbish players for years.

• @supercoach:

@Milky:

Good post Milky. A lot of posters would not agree, but I am with you a 100%. We only needed a couple of golden point games go our way, a couple of goals go over and a couple of fifty fifty calls and we would have been well and truely in the eight,but in a way it is a good thing because we have hit the wall as far as 2016 goes and would only be making up the numbers.

Coach I think our year has been par. I thought 10-11 wins and 11th at the start of the year and they have matched that. We have competitive in all bar 3 games which is a real improvement for mine. Games against Cronulla, Melbourne, Parramatta, Ttians were really strong losses for loss of a better word or words.

Don’t agree with the 50/50 calls stuff though. You are where you deserve to be. The Warriors have lost 3 Golden point games. The Panthers have lost 5 games by a try or less. The Roosters have lost 8 games by 4 points or less. Plus our defence slipping to 15th despite Taylor’s focus on it when coming to the club is a concern. Sacking Kidwell is a good strong move by Taylor, Oneill and Pascoe whoever is responsible for it.

Next year might be tougher for us, This year Newcastle and Parramatta took no part. Manly and Easts got destroyed with injuries. There was an opportunity for our team this year I thought which might not present next year and I reckon Talor and the group might know that deep down.

• @Milky:

I agree with most of this however, there are some negatives which, we had to rectify.

• Defence is still very average in particular on our right edge.
    • Brooks has regressed in a major way.
    • Our team selections have been very average at times.

The biggest positive form mine is JT off contract in 2017 and money to spend under the salary cap.
    We are going nowhere with this squad and coach apart from borderline top 8-12.

• There are definitely some positives, but ultimately we’ve missed the finals again and the season has to be judged as a failure.
    Sooner or later, next year has to be this year.

• The title of this thread is actually false. If the Panthers can beat the Titans, we can stay alive for another week with a win against the Warriors who have looked like they’ve packed it in the last 2 weeks. One thing this season has showed me is that just when you think this team is down they’ll jump out of the ground and surprise you.

• Banned

I don’t think it has been a bad year. Moses is the clear player that has come on. Nofo has been great.

We are close to being a top team.

• i would be happy with the year (as happy as you can without making the 😎 except for the farah debacle

he will chew up an enormous amount of our cap, and not play for us….very annoying. limits our ability to recruit properly. hopefully 2018, but then moses, teddy and brooks will be looking for new contracts so again that will eat up our cap

not quite as positive about 2017-18 as i was 2 years ago, which sounds kinda absurd haha

• @Milky:

I agree, and would add a few more positives:

• Seumanufagai played more minutes, and has become one of our best props;
    • bargain purchases T Grant & Tayor covered citical positions, and added experience and depth;
    • JJ Falise, Aloiai have already shown good potential;
    • we have a few good agressive forwards comming from NYC: Tatola, Stone, Giles and Sokobalava
    • Papenhuyzen and Roberts could develop as solid backup for Tedesco

Go Tigers

• Good post Milky and I’m with you regarding the positive outlook. I think that, overall, we have to be quite satisfied with this season and I think you’ve pinpointed the biggest reasons we should feel this way.I agree with others that the strength, direction and vision of the board is a major positive while a real focus on developing consistency in the team’s defense should be the main goal going forward. A couple of positives you didn’t mention were the establishment of Tedesco, Moses and, to a lesser extent Brooks as bonafide first grade playmakers and the improved ability of the team to get into the grind. I really look forward to 2017!

Recent Topics