Benji to Storm ??

• NRL 360 had Toovey on as guest and he suggested that Benji would be an ideal 6 at the Storm for next year……

Check it out guys on Fox NRL 360…interesting to say the least…

• ForumSupporter

It is an interesting segment the do every week …where the panelist is put in the shoes of the said subject or topic and what they would do…I wouldn’t read to much into it…

I would however read into Paul Kent being Robbie Farah the night before …If I’m Robbie I’m going to ESL where I can extend my career 2-3 years and smash it up…

• @TrueTiger:

NRL 360 had Toovey on as guest and he suggested that Benji would be an ideal 6 at the Storm for next year……

Funny how these guys have only got to say " they would be a good fit for this club or that club" and the press is all over as if it’s a done deal.
    The other night I heard Daley say that Adam Reynolds would be a good fit for Corey Norman at Parramatta. The next day the headlines were “Reynolds wants out of Souths” or “Reynolds linked to Parra” when it was nothing more than a simple conversation between panelists.

• @Geo.:

It is an interesting segment the do every week …where the panelist is put in the shoes of the said subject or topic and what they would do…I wouldn’t read to much into it…

I would however read into Paul Kent being Robbie Farah the night before …If I’m Robbie I’m going to ESL where I can extend my career 2-3 years and smash it up…

GEO,I would like to know your thoughts or any other forumers thoughts on the scenario of Benji playing 5/8 at the Storm,could he play well or do you guys think he is past it or may not adapt to the Storms structures,although we all know Benji’s talents,does he still have something to offer??

• @TrueTiger:

@Geo.:

GEO,I would like to know your thoughts or any other forumers thoughts on the scenario of Benji playing 5/8 at the Storm,could he play well or do you guys think he is past it or may not adapt to the Storms structures,although we all know Benji’s talents,does he still have something to offer??

He would have to change his game to fit in with their system and probably take a pay cut.
    But he would kill it there. Probably get himself another premiership.

• Sounds like an opinion. He’s most likely going to be forced into retirement because no one wants him. What a sad and sorry way for a career of a player who reached the incredible heights he did to end. Never ever have i seen a player regress to that extent.

• Foxtel past few years has been such a waste of my money…

• What on earth would he do at the storm?

Play to a strict set of instructions?

Or would he play as a slow centre who never gets allowed to pass or kick the ball?

As if Bellamy, Cronk or Smith would want that prima donna coming in to try and run their show.

• The Storm are the most structured team in the NRL and Benji is close to the most unstructured player. Not sure how it would work!!! Also Bellyache doesn’t carry any passengers when it comes to defence and I guess two play makers is enough for any team

• At least at the Storm Benji would not have the responsibility of guiding the team around the park given that Cronk & Smith are doing an admirable job in this area so that would free up Benji to just concentrate on his running game. Bellamy has a great track record of getting the best out of players that seem either washed up or fringe NRL players at best over recent years.

I feel the Storm would be of all the NRL clubs the best fit for Benji especially given that Blake Green is supposedly off to Manly so they are in need of a 5/8. As long as Benji is willing to take a back seat to Cronk & Smith he would in my opinion be a success at the Storm (of course not the Benji flair of old but a solid running 5/8).

• I hope he goes somewhere that can get the best out of him. It’s sad watching him play at the dragons

• The Storm would not pay him anywhere what he would want.

• nikorima would be better for them imo

• @supercoach:

The Storm would not pay him anywhere what he would want.

He might not have a choice. He’s not really in a position anymore to put a price tag on himself.

• Banned

@TrueTiger:

NRL 360 had Toovey on as guest and he suggested that Benji would be an ideal 6 at the Storm for next year……

Ideal for who? The opposing teams? 😆

Recent Topics