Sticky Set To Rest Players In Tigers Clash

• Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has conceded that he is likely to rest some of his squad against the Wests Tigers next round. Listen to the full interview below.

“If I think it’s important to rest players for the bigger picture of the competition then I will,” Sticky told Triple M Sunday NRL.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2016/8/raiders-ricky-stuarts-set-to-rest-players/

• Geez I hope we don’t get overconfident at all

• He’s foxing I reckon.

• @Eddie:

Are they not playing for 2nd spot?? I could be wrong.

I call BS.

Stuart is the master of it.

Not if the Sharks win.

• Next Sunday is another semi final for us, lose and we’re gone. Win and we secure an unlikely finals berth.

• Everyone one is assuming the Titans will lose.

I reckon that is close to a 50/50 game.

They are good under dogs.

• @Eddie:

Everyone one is assuming the Titans will lose.

The good thing is the Cowboys have a lot riding on this game, they need a win to cement a top four finish. They should have to much class, but the Coast are a tough team.

• @supercoach:

@Eddie:

Everyone one is assuming the Titans will lose.

The good thing is the Cowboys have a lot riding on this game, they need a win to cement a top four finish. They should have to much class, but the Coast are a tough team.

Bookies agree. Currently Cowboys $1.33 to win that game. Titans $3.25. It will be close but could you draw a tougher game to win? Cowboys in Townsville in a game they need to win to get 4th place.

• Taylor should come out and say that we are thinking of resting some as well……

• In an ideal world we need either the Broncos or dogs to win thurs/fri. That means the cows have to beat the Titans to come 4th. Then have the Sharks dust the storm so the raiders can’t Finish 2nd.

If all that happens I reckon Ricky will rest 2-3 key players

• @mctiger:

Taylor should come out and say that we are thinking of resting some as well……

But we are…… Robbie Farah

• I agree with Ink. Stuart resting players has the potential to be a disaster for us. We could easily relax and think the job will do itself like the first 20 minutes of the Titans game.

• Id rather win win on merit and not having the media say we’re only in the finals because of……

• @The_Doc:

Id rather win win on merit and not having the media say we’re only in the finals because of……

I agree……but could live with it :slight_smile:

• Banned

@GNR4LIFE:

I agree with Ink. Stuart resting players has the potential to be a disaster for us. We could easily relax and think the job will do itself like the first 20 minutes of the Titans game.

Yes how many times has that bitten us on the ass! Historically, we are one of the worst teams for getting complacent when the opposition is weakened and God knows why - we’re hardly ever in a position to become complacent!

Recent Topics