M. Moses v Shaun Johnson

• Having watched these 2 guys go at it last week made me think about Moses and where his level is at now,and how good he could be.Shaun Johnson is obviously ahead of Moses but,is a player who hasnt reached his full potential,is inconsistent.Moses got the better of Johnson last weekend,and has shown consistency the back half of this season,where do you think Mitchell’s game ranks at the moment and in the future?

• Johnson is Marshall Mk. 2. Just cannot get the right consistency between the magic plays and knowing when to sit back and play high percentage football.

• johnson is just an inconsistent tedesco in then halves

• Banned

Moses had some poor moments in that game but he really puts in all on the line to win. He has a tonne of ability and he is starting to fit into first grade.

I think he could be one of the best halves in the game within the next couple of years.

• I have Moses at his level at this point and he is about to surpass him. Moses is a good player now and whilst he plays well above his eighty kg against the modern monsters now, with a couple of extra kilos he will be special next season.

• Banned

I can see Liddle, Moses and Teddy as the Tigers, NSW and the Aussie spine for many years.

• Johnson was playing on one leg, his hammy has hampered him for periods this year.

• @Tigerdon:

Johnson was playing on one leg, his hammy has hampered him for periods this year.

Yeah, his pace has been his biggest weapon, so without it he falls back in the field. Very similar to poor Benji in that regard.

• When Moses stands up Inglis to score winner in World cup final we can have this discussion. And his kicking game is a shocker.
    He is a 5/8 not a half so I hope coaches remember this.
    These comparisons with Benji who at an age younger than he was running past the Australian centres in Finals and gliding as if on ice skates to set up GF tries and selling jumpers and filling seats don’t add up either.
    A good young player with potential thats it atm.
    He has accomplished little.

• Is anyone still thinking this.
    :roll

• Banned

I still think Moses can be a great player. His problem is that his worst game is a long way off his best game.

He really tries though. He reminds me of Benji a lot in that he is trying to win and comes up with mistakes.

• Moses will be the no1 6 or 7 in the game in a few years. He has the skills be more important,he has attitude. He will learn when to roll the dice and when not to

• @supercoach:

Moses will be the no1 6 or 7 in the game in a few years. He has the skills be more important,he has attitude. He will learn when to roll the dice and when not to

He’d be better off getting his game more consistent, and learning to Zip it, and stay out of the papers until he does,
    He’s starting to like the sound of his own voice IMO

• too bad moses doesnt have a foil or a forward pack

• Banned

@goldcoast tiger:

@supercoach:

Moses will be the no1 6 or 7 in the game in a few years. He has the skills be more important,he has attitude. He will learn when to roll the dice and when not to

He’d be better off getting his game more consistent, and learning to Zip it, and stay out of the papers until he does,
    He’s starting to like the sound of his own voice IMO

I said earlier I can see him being hated soon. He needs to get consistency in his game and you are right to zip it a little more.

Recent Topics