Does Liddle get a run?

• Just for a bit of variety, does Liddle get a run next week IF all the stars align and we make the finals, your thoughts? As Robbie is probably less chance of playing than Haleys Comet coming next weekend, please leave him out of the discussion.

Whilst Rankin has been doing all that has been asked of him in filling in at dummy half, I would like to have him concentrate on his own position and have Jacob on the field when Dene is rested. I have liked him since he debuted before my eyes and have posted as such here, and as he developed further he is the heir apparent.

I expect he would have been playing a bench role recently if not for salary cap rules, but as they basically go out the window at finals time, I would have no hesitation at all in throwing him in a big game.

• Not a bad idea. Im all for making our team stronger and i think he will. However, JT is conservative at the best of times, so cAnt see him changing things for a finals game.

• if it ain’t broke don’t fix it

• I wouldnt be against it. I can see us having a ‘‘nothing to lose’’ attitude if we make the semis

• ForumSupporter

I think you will find you can only go down a Grade whilst the NRL team is still in the finals…Not a case of Cap rules not applying…

• Too bad Cherrington hasn’t been able to pick up a ‘‘virus’’ with Farah being out. We then could have played him if i’m not mistaken.

• I’d play him off the bench for 10 minutes either side of halftime.

• @Geo.:

I think you will find you can only go down a Grade whilst the NRL team is still in the finals…Not a case of Cap rules not applying…

Not what I wanted to read, so hope you are mistaken.

Like Ink stated, I wouldn’t be at all suprised if we took a different and open approach if we happen to get there. Either way, I am happy enough to be a chance leading into the weekend.

• @Masterton:

I’d play him off the bench for 10 minutes either side of halftime.

I reckon he could provide a good thirty odd minutes which would help Dene be more effective as well.

• Pretty sure the salary cap will rule out any chance of him playing FG. For the finals I would rather see him play NYC. We could very well win the comp with him there.

• I really like Liddle from what I have seen of him,I also think next year we will see much more of him,JT definitely has plans for him and maybe Ballin No need to rush him in yet…agree with Willow,leave him in NYC to try and win the comp…

• Yeah his is capped out for 2016.
    He should be our 2017 starter.

• No he certainly won’t get a run.

Can’t due to the cap.

Even if there was some mysterious clause, if we do qualify there’s no chance in hell that JT would change a winning team.

• Both him and JJ will be regulars in 2017 imo.

• I wouldn’t change a thing unless absolutely necessary.

Recent Topics