Pirtek stadium

• i dont live in sydney but grew up a westie.

they are rebuilding pirtek stadium and are negotiating with building companies who are tendering for the job.

that much i can get off the internet.

why does it need to be updated

any forumers with deeper knowledge?

• @eyewonder:

i dont live in sydney but grew up a westie.

they are rebuilding pirtek stadium and are negotiating with building companies who are tendering for the job.

that much i can get off the internet.

why does it need to be updated

any forumers with deeper knowledge?

so that parra and the wanderers have more capacity

currently parra take any slightly big game to ANZ and pull 30k ish there. better to play all games at Pirtek which suits the crowd volumes and take easter monday to ANZ

it probably involves redoing the facilities too

• Got me buggered it seems a fine stadium and ANZ o just down the road.
    Sadly it appears the pool will go as well

• @innsaneink:

Got me buggered it seems a fine stadium and ANZ o just down the road.
    Sadly it appears the pool will go as well

I don’t get it either, Parra stadium is in good nick, unlike the old Cumberland one they burnt down before it, surely Campbelltown was worth funding more than Parra stadium.

• Surely the ends could have been filled in to increase capacity. Its a much better venue than most venues used by most Sydney clubs and its the one that gets knocked down.

• The pool ,park and surrounding areas are really nice around Parra Staduim. Hope they don’t bugger all that up to fit in another 10 k

• Part of the overall Parra CBD redevelopment. Lots of money going into the regional hubs within Sydney to take pressure off thr actual CBD.

• thankyou.

i hope they dont ditch the pool.

why a stadium which is only 30 years old has to be done again is hard to grasp.

• I think the pool is earmarked to go but there is some details that need sorting. The original plan sees the pool go and they are looking to move it over to where the golf course used to be. But who knows with councils these days. From memory council wants state gov to pay for relocation.

• I never went there, and although it’s 30 years ago, doesn’t seem that long ago since it was opened. Always looks great on the tele.

• Banned

Burn down parra stadium, kick the eels out, bring in Wenty …

Happy days

• Any chance WT will negiotiate to play our home games there once it’s finished? Apart from our Leichhardt and Cambo home games that is.
    Atmosphere would have to be 1000x better there than Telstra or Allianz. We probably wouldn’t be guaranteed the money we currently get from playing at those 2 concrete outhouses but our crowds would be bigger you would think.

• Could they move that stadium to Campbelltown ? I would love the current stadium to be our home … More than good enough for me.

Recent Topics